Sunday, July 27, 2014

One year & one lifetime ago

A year ago today my extended family participated in the Swedish SummeRun, a 5k run/walk in support of ovarian cancer. Since her death in 2007, we have walked in honor of my aunt Mary every year. It was another fabulous weekend of time with cousins while remembering our beloved aunt.



One year ago this weekend, I posted after the walk and decided I was pretty much done blogging for a while. With the baby coming and intense work, I just couldn't keep up. Baby came (without complications!), I went on maternity leave, I felt great post-partum and started working out, then I went back to work and...

it got crazy and fell apart. So many work hours and too little sleep. Before I knew it June was here, I was barely running, not blogging, barely reading blogs, and I had the Napa to Sonoma Half Marathon coming in July! Time has flown by so fast over the past year. Now, I'm a new person with a new family.

After this last year slipping through my fingers in a fog, I'm ready to start again. I'm ready to start training for the NYC marathon and reach out to the blogging community for advice, inspiration, and humor.

Yikes.
I'm committing.

Resetting internal navigation to accommodate new baby, big boy about to start kindergarten, increased work responsibilities, and a new approach to and perspective on training.

Here we go!

14 comments:

  1. Alma, so nice to hear from you again! I'm glad your new baby arrived safe and healthy and that although the year has been busy and crazy you have made your way through it. Look forward to hearing hearing about what's new (marathon training - wow, I'm impressed!) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. KELLY! I still need to get to ON to share that bottle(s) of wine with you!

      Delete
  2. Hi! I found your blog through a recent Google search and I'm excited to see that you're starting up again! I just signed up for the Seattle Marathon (my first!) and am devouring all the running blogs I can. I can't wait to hear your thoughts on marathon training - I am just starting week 5 and it's been quite a roller-coaster already!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is very exciting! Seattle has a great course (though I've only done the half, spectated for friends who are more brave and ran the full) :) It is definitely a roller coaster and I've had quite a ride the last few years and my goal this time is to keep things in better perspective. Good luck - maybe I will see you out & about!

      Delete
  3. Love that you're back!! Hello!!! Let me know if you ever want a running buddy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! I will post on FB to try to get some weekend long runs going. I miss all the King Co ladies!

      Delete
  4. Good luck. Nice to see you back.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhhhhh welcome back!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gracias! I will try to channel you of many complete marathons...!

      Delete
  6. So great to read you again!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome back! I missed you!! Congrats on the new baby. I also had a baby :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WOWOWOWOWOW! Congratulations & welcome to life in the fast lane!

      Delete