Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Statistically improbable?

HOLY SHIT.



Anyone know what the odds were? I was looking for motivation to stay fit for running with non-running exercise for my last trimester, but this isn't quite what I had in mind!

I was counting on this being my third rejection so I would have an automatic "in" for 2014 (I was grandfathered in on this policy back in 2011).

With all the Hurricane Sandy entrants having priority this year, I figured there was NO WAY I WOULD GET IN!

The NYC Marathon is on November 3rd. That's a mere 9 weeks after I'm expected to have a baby via c-section. 9 weeks to recover from surgery and train.

The excitement about getting in on a lottery is thrilling me and I'm thoroughly enjoying it. However, I plan to defer to 2014.

It will cost $$$, but for what is likely a once-in-a-lifetime race I will make it work.

Plus, I know many others who also are grandfathered in to the 4-year guaranteed entry that will be running in 2014. And, my local training partner, SL, magically got in this year (her second lucky lottery entry) but is strongly considering deferring to 2014.

2014 will be the big party on the course year!

B & Elizabeth, is it too early to plan travel for 2014?

I'm so excited to run with you ladies in the BIG APPLE!




8 comments:

  1. Congratulations!!! If the New York marathon doesn't keep you motivated, I don't know what will!


    Momshomerun

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh WOW! What are the odds?? I did not get in but am also grandfathered in for 2014 so YAY!! Our patience is paying off I think!

    ReplyDelete
  3. NO!!! It is NOT too early to plan!!! I am very excited that you are planning on deferring (too bad it costs so much to do so).

    I love NYC and can't wait to run there next year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha! Typical to get in on the year you can't do it! Congratulations, plenty of time to plan and eventually, train. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. i agree the money to defer will be well worth it. Yay for getting to spend it with other blogger friends :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. yay for deferring?? :) i mean, seriously. the odds were really damn slim and they happened!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats!
    NYC isn't so far away from me now... Maybe baby and I can take the train up there to cheer you on!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Waooow!! Nice blog, this will be greatly helpful. video gait analysis

    ReplyDelete