Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Randoms from & since Eugene: voodoo, swoob, wild game cake and more

I've been wanting to check out a Voo Doo Doughnuts for a long time. The burly construction guy behind me recommended the cock & balls. "It really is the best one, but it's a big committment. Better if you have 2 people to eat it, it's so big." Yes, it has a white creamy filling. I asked him what his #2 favorite was: Old Dirty Bastard. So, I ordered the ODB and was quite pleased.

ODB is toward the back with the oreo cookie topping.
T-shirt gifted to me by my co-worker & her beau who flew in from Denver.
Hallowed ground 


First time I've ever seen a hunting-themed cake. This was actually ice cream cake from DQ. Pretty awesome. 
 
Eugene accomplishment: I seem to have mastered the SWOOB. 
Pre-race with Jess & SL who rocked their marathons

  • Since Eugene, I've been taking it easy. I have taken a couple summery 3-mile runs that felt fine DURING but I'm really starting to feel the effects on my feet (sore post-run) and lower back. Double-drat. Actually, I think I've been complaining about this for a month now and yet I keep running because of the "feel good during" part and the fact that it's been in the 70's-80's here.
  • Biking to/from work has been fun & refreshing and is also the most efficient means of getting between points but the uphill climb home is really getting tough. How much longer will I be able to pull that hill off? Another drawback is that this "May Bike to Work Month" thing means our bike cage at work is packed all the time & I end up having to park at a rack outside the secure cage. Do you think these new bikers will give up in another week? I know that sounds shitty but it is a bit of an inconvenience. Maybe I should arrive earlier. 
  • This week I even made it into the gym to lift & hope to do that one more time before the week's end then repeat next week.
  • Everyone says swimming is the best activity while pregnant. I do like to swim but for some reason I'm having motivation problems with the pool. Maybe because it's too nice outside to be indoors? Maybe because I'm scared to put on a swimsuit? Yes.
  • As I figure out my post-half marathon, increasing belly size & weight exercise routine, I do want to pick a couple more fun runs to work into my schedule. It seems there are several every weekend between now & September. 
  • Sadly, it's not likely I will be able to fit a race in during a June business trip to Arizona. It will be my third trip down in the last couple years and I have yet to check that state off my list! BUT, I might be able to squeeze a race in (with some luck & schedule manipulating) when I travel to Montana in July. Crossing my fingers on that one so that 2013 isn't a complete 0 for new states raced. 
That's all the randoms I have for now. Happy hump day!

7 comments:

  1. COngrats on the race and on swoob mastery of course!

    ReplyDelete
  2. although I don't have much in the boob department, I do sweat in the cavity between my boobs... swavity? Hopefully the newbie bikers are like the new years resolutioners and will be gone in a week--- or my favorite.. the 1-2 week before spring breakers haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your boobs look great! The sweat just enhances them, right, right?
    Why did the Eugene weekend go by so fast? I'm still having withdrawals.

    And, I think it's totally badass to bike to work. I love that you do that, sorry about the May biker people. I'm sure they'll quit, just like the January gym people.

    ReplyDelete
  4. All the new swimmers have given up and the pool is much less crowded. Hope your bike gets back in the secure rack.

    ReplyDelete
  5. When I was pregnant the first time, I did aqua aerobics which was specifically for pregnant women and I loved it, even though I'm a hopeless swimmer. That was all I did though, whereas you are doing so much exercise! Very impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your baby bump and that you are still able to be so active! You are an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i wish you had a work trip to atl!!! i had no idea the doughnuts were so fabulously named :) i wouldn't swim either. pregnant or not pregnant.

    ReplyDelete