I've been wanting to check out a Voo Doo Doughnuts for a long time. The burly construction guy behind me recommended the cock & balls. "It really is the best one, but it's a big committment. Better if you have 2 people to eat it, it's so big." Yes, it has a white creamy filling. I asked him what his #2 favorite was: Old Dirty Bastard. So, I ordered the ODB and was quite pleased.
|ODB is toward the back with the oreo cookie topping.|
|T-shirt gifted to me by my co-worker & her beau who flew in from Denver.|
|First time I've ever seen a hunting-themed cake. This was actually ice cream cake from DQ. Pretty awesome.|
|Eugene accomplishment: I seem to have mastered the SWOOB.|
|Pre-race with Jess & SL who rocked their marathons|
- Since Eugene, I've been taking it easy. I have taken a couple summery 3-mile runs that felt fine DURING but I'm really starting to feel the effects on my feet (sore post-run) and lower back. Double-drat. Actually, I think I've been complaining about this for a month now and yet I keep running because of the "feel good during" part and the fact that it's been in the 70's-80's here.
- Biking to/from work has been fun & refreshing and is also the most efficient means of getting between points but the uphill climb home is really getting tough. How much longer will I be able to pull that hill off? Another drawback is that this "May Bike to Work Month" thing means our bike cage at work is packed all the time & I end up having to park at a rack outside the secure cage. Do you think these new bikers will give up in another week? I know that sounds shitty but it is a bit of an inconvenience. Maybe I should arrive earlier.
- This week I even made it into the gym to lift & hope to do that one more time before the week's end then repeat next week.
- Everyone says swimming is the best activity while pregnant. I do like to swim but for some reason I'm having motivation problems with the pool. Maybe because it's too nice outside to be indoors? Maybe because I'm scared to put on a swimsuit? Yes.
- As I figure out my post-half marathon, increasing belly size & weight exercise routine, I do want to pick a couple more fun runs to work into my schedule. It seems there are several every weekend between now & September.
- Sadly, it's not likely I will be able to fit a race in during a June business trip to Arizona. It will be my third trip down in the last couple years and I have yet to check that state off my list! BUT, I might be able to squeeze a race in (with some luck & schedule manipulating) when I travel to Montana in July. Crossing my fingers on that one so that 2013 isn't a complete 0 for new states raced.
That's all the randoms I have for now. Happy hump day!