Thursday, March 7, 2013

Seward Park, in photos

The way my run unfolded for me
Beneath the great boughs of cedar trees
Has given my heart a change of mood
And saved some part of a day I had rued.

(bastardization of one of my favorite Robert Frost poems)

Why am I so grumpy in the mornings these days?
Screwed up work schedule for the second week in a row? Nearly-four-year old who now doesn't listen or follow directions? Poor quality sleep? Pregnancy? Abstinence from wine & beer?

Well, I decided to give myself a treat by driving to Seward Park for a morning run after dropping off the little man at school. It has warmed up quite a bit (47 degrees!) and is drizzling quite nicely today. Perfect for a run along the lake and through the trees. 

I run TO Seward Park quite frequently on my long runs but don't often take advantage of the nice 2.4 mile paved loop AROUND the park, which is a forested peninsula jutting into south Lake Washington.

Do you have a park with a "magnificent forest?"

The moss gives the forest an iridescent glow.
 

Downtown Seattle and I-90 floating bridge in the distance.
Looking south, this is where Mt. Rainier looms large - but not today. Too cloudy.
Madrona tree
The final treat: Cafe Vita!
Total distance: 4.8 miles (4-6 miles scheduled)
Time: 41:06 (faster than expected but I had a lot of angst to burn off)
Pregnancy status: 14.5 weeks cooked, so far so good
Chocolate status: Daily consumption on track. This week's favorite is Theo 70% dark chocolate toasted coconut.

8 comments:

  1. Ohhhhh, that was my MOST FAVORITE PART of RnRSea!! So pretty! I'd come back to run there <3.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice!

    Must put that on my must hit running spot next time I am out that way (perhaps April).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job! I have only run there once, a bit of a drive for me, but worth it:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Giraffy said something nice about RNR Seattle?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks great. Love the chocolate update.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! Thank you. I do lots of sightseeing via blogs. Only way I can afford it :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful!!! What a nice loop!

    ReplyDelete
  8. ooh. haven't heard of that bar. is it a new one???

    ReplyDelete