I will be running the Lake Sammamish Half Marathon this Saturday for Team Gab. You can enter the virtual race HERE. Money raised goes toward the Pediatric Cancer Research Foundation in Gabby's name.
- Meet up & enjoy the running company of other runner lady friends
- Enjoy the scenery
- CELEBRATE THE END OF GABBY's CANCER TREATMENT!
Prior to the big day, I'm continuing with logging easy miles (*Previous Sunday's long run morphed from 8 mi to 10 mi - so much for "taper" but it was a nice day so all good):
- Monday: 6 min barefoot running + JM Ripped in 30 workout (25 min) + bicycle commute to/from work
- Tuesday: 4.5 mi run, included 10 min barefoot running + cardio strength class @ the Y (60 min)
- Wednesday: Plan 60 min yoga at home
- Thursday: Plan 4 mi easy run, including some barefoot running time
- Friday: Rest
- Saturday: Lake Sammamish Half Marathon!
- Sunday: Rest or light cycling
A while back, I was contacted by the developer of a new product, the RunningBuddy, to review. I intended to take it on vacation to test but spaced on my packing. Since getting home, I've been using the RunningBuddy and I like it.
My first sight impression before trying it was that it looked too bulky and looked like it might chafe. However, my first use impression proved me wrong. It was not bulky feeling at all and the fabric was amazingly soft against my skin.
|Outer mesh pouch, inner water-resistant pocket with velcro closure.|
So check out how this buddy works:
It is a pouch that has magnets (yes, MAGNETS, crazy) that hold it fast to the waistband. The inner pocket is water resistant, which is great for rainy Seattle but also kept my sweat out. YUM.
|The part on the right is inserted into the waistband, pockets on the left hold the goods|
I will say that after trying it on my hip, front, and back, I preferred placement on my lower back.
|WARNING: Objects on butt make butt appear larger than it really is.|
Nice to know about new products on the market that may be helpful, especially those developed by runners who have started their own independent, small business.