Thursday, March 14, 2013

No more tights! No more layers!

Bubbling brain...
  • It's been another crazy work week (we are hiring 2 people soon, YES!) + out of town guest = Training has suffered a bit. So far this week, I completed/did not complete:  
    • Yoga class @ YMCA
    • Short barefoot run, 15 min of bliss followed by tight calves
    • 6-mi run on light feet - this was a turning-point, see next bullet
    • NO STRENGTH
    • Still need to complete an easy 2-3 mi run tomorrow & 10 mi on Saturday
    • Despite missing my strength work this week, I'm still pretty happy about how things are going.
  • SPRING is here. During my great, but dark, morning run in tights, short sleeve shirt + long sleeve shirt, I realized the time has come. 
    • Tights are done for the season - No more than capris necessary, baby!
    • Only single layers on top now. One long sleeve max, time to brave the short-sleeve.
  • My Eugene Marathon training partner's first 20-mile run is on Saturday so I'm going to run her second 10 miles with her - YES! 
    • She kindly offered to let me join her at a bakery so I could FINISH at a bakery, as is my preference.
    • A close, long-time friend of mine who is training for her first ever half marathon is joining us. We've NEVER run together before and I can't wait!
  • I ate a bagel yesterday and now my belly is totally bloated. Or, it could be that pregnancy is starting to show for real. Bah.
  • A FIRST LATINO POPE! And a Jesuit to boot! (that's all I'm going to say about that)
  • I've been flaunting my new 40-yr age status, I guess because I don't think 40 is that old and I certainly don't feel old. 
    • Or...I didn't feel old until tonight when I went to Target only to find my entire 5th through 7th grade wardrobe re-invented. 
    • Pastels, neon, pinstripes, espadrilles, skinny belts, and BLUE EYE SHADOW
Back to running-related news, a few folks asked me to mention some things for them:
  • Buy a bag, help girls play sports! ACTIVYST looks to be a great new company offering stylish, super-cute athletic bags with a portion of the proceeds going to help girls sports worldwide. Check 'em out.
  • Looking for a spring 5k in Seattle? World Concern is sponsoring a fun run here in SEATTLE. The "Free Them 5k" is aimed at increasing awareness of and stopping human trafficking. This 5k will be held Saturday, May 11. 
  • I sadly turned down a running analysis from Brandon Bevil of Run Analyzer because I'm pretty sure pregnancy is already throwing me off a bit. 
    • You video tape yourself running with your phone or other user-friendly device, upload to the website, check out for $100, then get a detailed analysis of your running form. 
    • Check out the site, it looks quite interesting!
Activyst bag


11 comments:

  1. Ugh. I LONG for not needing 4 layers of clothes when I go out running. The sun is here in Berlin now, but definitely not the warmth. It's been about 22°F the last few weeks and I'm so sick of it. Plus they are calling for more snow next week. Blech.

    Awesome on the combined running! Sounds so fun!! We're running our first half on April 7th and at the moment, I'm just hoping it's not freezing! :)

    Love that bag!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everyone is wearing those colors at school and I think I am going to Old Navy today to get some fun new pants for this old lady!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This morning was the first time this year I could feel a chill in the air. Of course I'm on the other side of the planet...but soon I'll be wearing those layers! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have been in the 80's all week - why can't weather just stay perfect for running all the time. WHY.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that the layers are gone for the season:) I ran in capris and a short sleeve shirt the other day! So exciting! Hooray for a new race age group:) I only have 2 1/2 years to go to enter the 40-45 group:) Hoping the competition isn't as stiff as 30-39. These women are fast!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Be careful of your proclomations. Mother Nature will turn on you in an instant.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hurrah! After all I got a blog from where I can actually get useful
    data concerning my study and knowledge.

    Check out my webpage sthash.P9cUGM7x.dpbs

    ReplyDelete
  8. cute blog!

    http://therealfoodrunner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. SOMEHOW I missed when you announced you were pregnant. The girls were talking about it this weekend and I was blind sided. HUGE HUGE congratulations!

    I def agree downgrading to half is smarter decision and will be more enjoyable. I so wish I could join you all there, but in the spirit of smart decisions, it doesn't make financial sense right now till I finish my states.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi there, I found your web sіte νia Google whilе seаrсhing for
    a сomparable subject, your website came up, it seеms grеat.
    I've bookmarked it in my google bookmarks.
    I am no longer sure the place you are getting your information, but great topic. I needs to spend a while studying much more or understanding more. Thanks for magnificent information I used to be on the lookout for this information for my mission.

    my webpage - quick loans

    ReplyDelete
  11. i have been so impressed seeing all your workouts on fb! love that bag, and awesome idea on the site about the form. which is what i will be working on this summer. i bet you look fab with a baby bump!

    ReplyDelete