First morning in Sint Maarten, headed out the door at 7:30 a.m. to find the beach and explore my running.
|Run #1: 3.75 miles, part beach, part road|
I started on the beach then cut inland a bit to find a bakery. I saw a few people carrying baguettes but couldn't tell where they purchased them!
Lessons learned on Day 1:
- Begin run no later than 7:30 to avoid the heat.
- Morning beach time is NOT for joggers (only 3 spotted) so much as nude walkers (1 nude runner! I can't imagine no support but to each his own).
- It's "bonjour" instead of "good morning."
- My sniffer failed to find a bakery, need to ask for directions next time.
- American breakfast is about $15 so better to eat in the condo.
- A butterfly preserve is found nearby, must investigate later.
- At >1 mile inland, it gets HILLY. Be prepared to walk some.