Description: 5 days/week of running, some light speed work about once a week based on level of effort rather than hitting specific times/distances, one 20-miler.
I struggled with this. After being totally addicted to the Furman Run Less, Run Faster program with its two days of hard speed work with specific intervals and paces, two days of cross-training, and brisk long runs that included five 20-milers, I struggled with the AMR program's lack of specificity and only one 20-miler. So, of course I modified the "finish it" program to include only 3 days/week of running, more cross-training, and three 20-milers.
Over the last few weeks, I subsequently regained my sense and am sticking with the one 20-miler included in the plan. But, I think I will keep the running down to 3-4 days/week and increase the cross-training.
Other Critical Training:
Strength training - 2 days/week
Yoga - 1 day/week
Physical therapy for the plantar fascia - once/month (in my dream world, this will include a massage once/month)
Other Critical Fun Activities:
Contemplating an 11-mile trail race in January, a "Geoduck" Gallop Half Marathon in February, a two-week celebration abroad for my birthday/10-yr wedding anniversary that will include some travel running, Mercer Island Half Marathon in March, and maybe the Mt. Si Relay in April before Eugene.
Week 1: Completed (mostly)! This included:
- 12/24 - 3.25 mi easy run, was supposed to be 5 miles but ran short on time due to holiday festivities.
- 12/25 - REST
- 12/26 - Cross training with Jillian (No More Trouble Zones & 6-Week 6-Pack)
- 12/27 - 5.2 mi tempo run (felt great!)
- 12/28 - Cross training (does snowboarding count? first day of my season = awesome! this was supposed to be a 4 mi run.)
- 12/29 - 11 mi long run (very challenging post-boarding with sore butt cheeks from a couple rough chair lift dismounts)
- 12/20 - REST (legs are lifeless)