Sunday, December 2, 2012

That time of year

Congratulations to MEGAN who ran her first marathon (CIM) today and everyone else running big races this month!

The busy times have hit - parties, baking, parties, cooking, shopping, and more baking & parties. Plus, the winter weather just finally came to Seattle. We were spoiled by our fall and now I need to suck it up and start braving the inclement weather.

So far, I haven't been too successful with getting enough sleep to get my butt out the door in the dark, early A.M., but considering all the sugar cookies we're making here (and eating), I better find a way to make it happen!

My goal for December is simply to get out and run what I can. It's busy so I don't want to have too many expectations of myself other than just trying to move as much as possible. Other than a holiday 5k coming up, no specific workouts are on my calendar.

However, I AM preparing / brewing up a Master Plan for 2013. After a whole year of NOT having a plan, I'm definitely ready to roll up my sleeves and get to work. 

More on that later...

Stay moving and enjoy the holiday festivities!

10 comments:

  1. Im in and with you.
    Im just striving to fit in movement as best I can.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What 5k are you doing this month? I need to get in 2 races to complete my 12 in 2012 challenge:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh. Can't wait to see your 2013 plan!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know what you mean -- I never did do any kind of a plan/goals for 2012 and I'm finally feeling ready to get my tail in gear for 2013. I just hope the enthusiasm lasts through December until I actually get to 2013!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excited to hear your 2013 goals...this can only mean one thing: your foot is happy :).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh, can't wait to see your plan for 2013. Where do we get to travel? Huh, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  7. My brain is in full planning mode for 2013. LOVE the planning part and also setting goals.Looking forward to see what your plans are for 2013.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your way of describing everything in this post is in fact pleasant, every one be
    able to effortlessly understand it, Thanks a lot.
    My webpage : Wholesale jerseys

    ReplyDelete
  9. Enjoyed reading your blog...I too am struggling a bit, but for different reasons. Busy time of year yes indeed, but for me it's a recurring injury that is keeping me from running.
    Can't wait to see your 2013 running plans!! I have a half marathon on my 2013 running schedule so far, and plan on adding quite a bit more...
    come visit my site at: www.runningindependent.com

    ReplyDelete