Sunday, November 11, 2012

Probably for the best (No Seattle Half)

'Life happened' again, resulting in a change in Thanksgiving travel plans.

Re-schedule of trip to see family in Michigan = No Seattle Half Marathon 

At first I wasn't keen on running the Seattle Half again, but over the last couple weeks I've been getting excited about running it for the FIFTH time (previous runs = 1991, 1996, 1999, 2007). Boo. Next year? With that, my next fun race will be a holiday 5k in December.

In more important news, I was able to run TWELVE of Megan's TWENTY miles yesterday.  This was Megan's last long run before her taper for CIM. I'm so very excited for her first marathon and can't wait to see what she does at the race. We ran 8:20 pace, which felt good but blazing fast to me, and it was fun to think about how a bit over a year ago, Megan was struggling to run 13.1 miles at 9:00 pace. With 20 miles at 8:20 pace, she is making new running history for herself.

In other news, the Huskies competed in the West Regional Championships this past Friday. Last year, the women placed fourth and continued on to nationals. This year, the women took fifth with the first Husky, junior Katie Flood, placing 15th. Not unexpectedly, the first woman was Oregon's Jordan Hasay (senior) who covered the 6k course in 19:15:58. I hope to make it to a UW track meet this spring (our new stadium will have a PURPLE track, yo!) so I can watch these women compete one last time before Hasay graduates. Anyone know about Jordan Hasay and what her post-collegiate plans are? Curious.




With that, have a great week everyone. I'll be continuing to log some base miles as I contemplate my December 5k and Master Plan for 2013...


7 comments:

  1. Boo to missing the half marathon. I hope you get to run your 5th next year! 12 miles at 8.20 pace is fantastic though - great running!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm also sitting here scratching my head trying to figure out what to do for the remainder of 2012 and what my goals will be in 2013... Coming back from injury derailed a few options, didn't it?

    Either way... congrats on the 12 miles!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That run was so fun! I really enjoy running with you Alma. One day we should drink beers together :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agree! Let's set a date for after CIM so I can get the mile-by-mile run-down & new job update. Maybe after work, mid-week?

      Delete
  4. um, 2 of my fav peeps get to run together. often. I WANT TO MOVE TO SEATTLE. sorry your plans changed to go see the fam-but guessing that just means it’s for the best. the holiday 5k will be fun. and, very curious about the master plan 2013 decisions!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry about the half, but there's always another year or another race. Life has to come before running sometimes. Sounds like you'll have a fun 5k.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was very happy to uncover this web site. I wanted to thank you for ones time
    for this fantastic read!! I definitely liked every bit of it and I have you saved as a favorite to
    check out new things on your web site.

    Also visit my blog - legal ecstasy

    ReplyDelete