Sunday, November 4, 2012

Long run lovlies

I capped off last week with a long run with lovely Megan (Daily Sweat) who is getting ready for CIM. Neither of us were having our best day. For me, I think it was the result of a long week with little sleep or water, heavy food, and too much Halloween candy. Despite being tough, physically, it was a great pleasure to see Megan as always.

We got 9-ish miles in at a good clip (9:10-ish) then met up with another 10 or so ladies at Green Lake for a bloggy run. Lindsay (recent ultra runner inductee) organized a group to meet for a nice 3 mile loop around the lake then coffee. This brought the total distance to 12.4 miles.

Very thankful to Lindsay for pulling us together. Maybe we can do this more often?



I'm looking forward to getting back to a routine this week, including some cross-training, 1 tempo run, 1 speedier workout, then hopefully a 10-mile run that will be the last 10 of Megan's 20 miler.

The biggest wild card this week is Tuesday, election day. I'm hoping it doesn't throw me off too much but we're having a PARTY on Tuesday night to either celebrate or commiserate with our friends, depending on the outcome. Either way, it may involve drinking too much beer which would then result in Wednesday being less than stellar on the exercise front!

WHAT ARE YOU DOING FOR ELECTION DAY, BESIDES VOTING?

10 comments:

  1. I love running with friends!

    Election party, sounds fun :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We just made chili for 50+ people! YIKES!

      Delete
  2. Going to the orthodontist! I had to wear my vote shirt today because I won't be at school tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no, I hope you treat yourself to something fun post-orthodontist. That's not fun at all. I'll be sporting my shirt all day :)

      Delete
  3. SO JEALOUS of your running fun. :) got some fun stuff going on tuesday. but can’t explain it on the internets just yet….work related. :) have fun at your party!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great to finally meet you in IRL and learn that we have similar careers! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, would be great if our paths cross in the professional world, too!

      Delete
  5. It was a fun meetup! Hopefully I'll get the chance to talk with you more next time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Alma! It was nice to meet you at the Green Lake meetup a few weeks ago. Hopefully another running meet up will be planned for sooner rather than later. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete