Tuesday, September 25, 2012

I registered for my 10k!

Since I've survived four weeks of real running, I thought I'd finally register for the Snohomish River Run 10k. You can still get $10 off your registration for either the 10k or half marathon using this code: AVERAGESRR12.

A portion of your entry fee will go to one of three beneficiaries: YMCA, Susan G. Komen Foundation, and Ironheart. This, I really like as I am a big fan of the YMCA. They are good people.

The folks putting on this new race have been posting photos on their Facebook page and it's looking to be a beautiful run...and FLAT and FAST. As the name indicates, the run takes place on the banks of the Snohomish River and I'm thinking that by October 27th, we will definitely have some lovely fall colors reflecting off that river. Followed by a cool fall race, they will be serving hot StockPot soup. YUM. Check it:
A thing of beauty, ?que no?

If I can convince my hubs & 3-yr old to come along early in the morning, I'm thinking we'll hit up a pumpkin patch and see if we can get some hot cider, winter squash, and watch a pumpkin catapult or two. These look good: Craven Farm (corn maze & hay ride) and Stocker Farms (corn maize, pumpkin cannon, hay ride).

There are a number of Seattle-area bloggers and some of my friends doing this race so I'm really excited to see everyone. I'm just hoping that it's not raining.

So will I be ready to run hard? I am going to wait until about 2 weeks out then figure out what my goals will be. I know I can finish, so it will be a question of whether or not I want to name some finishing times. I'm doing good so far although I will admit I'm deviating from the Another Mother Runner training plan for my long runs. I'm pushing my distances up instead of hovering around the 6-8 range because I'd really like to be able to at least run-walk one of the two half marathons I'm signed up for in October for my double header weekend with Kim and LJ (oh yeah, remember that?).

Yeah, more on that later...


15 comments:

  1. That race sounds so scenic, and I adore that race profile! Best of luck with the rest of your training!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is one great course profile! I also love the name Snohomish - whatever it means it sounds so cool...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome - now you have got to do it! Keep going!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay, I'm running the half! So excited for a flat course:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Signing up for a race is always exciting! That course is certainly flat. All the best with your final preparation!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmm you have me considering signing up for the 10k...I may just do it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, do it, do it! And don't forget to take advantage of the $10 off code I listed!

      Delete
  7. Signing up is always so exciting, best motivation ever! You will do great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i hear ya on the run walking and goals for races. don’t know what to do about my 1/2 next weekend. and i want to live in seattle. :) that race sounds pretty, and lots of bloggers, and your cute little family, and pumpkin patch. so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. yay! hopefully we'll figure out a Tweet-up there :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely, would love to meet you en vivo!

      Delete
  10. Yay! Hope it goes well. Like the additional pumpkin plans too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. They shoot pumpkins out of cannons? Love it! I've only seen corn cannons down here in Or E Gon. One year we did an Amazing Race type event and shot corn, chased greased pigs, ate chocolate covered crickets and ended up in the tower at the local winery.

    Anyway...that course looks amazingly perfect.

    I hope it's really fall in DENJ too. Cool morning starts and autumn leaves. I love October racing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds like a fun race and should be a fun weekend for the whole family! And running with friends always make a race more fun!

    ReplyDelete