Wednesday, August 29, 2012

#Proof

I'm so glad Kim introduced me to @Fatfluential on Twitter. Sometimes it's a bit much, but generally gives me a giggle. I can appreciate the Fitfluential posts, too, but I do like the balance!

Anyway, after last week's run-eat-shop-eat-walk-eat-eat-drink-eat pre-Hood to Coast tour of Seattle with Kim (recap) & Elizabeth (recap), I'm hoping I don't generate much more #Proof of my #Fatfluential -ness. Ouch!

Run @ Alki
As I head into Week 1 of Another Mother Runner 10k (finish it) training, I'm hoping to burn a little of this #Proof off. Please do see Kim & Elizabeth's re-caps of this day as they took more/better photos. I intended to capture all the Seattle fresh foods but quickly would forget to snap a pic before diving in.

The itinerary (please do contact me if you're coming to Seattle & need recommendations on where to get your #Fatfluential #Proof!):

1. Run @ Alki Beach (gorgeous water & city views, fishers catching King salmon)
2. Bakery Nouveau (savory & sweet will never disappoint)
3. Fran's Chocolates (after helping E buy a Seattle Christmas tree ornament down on the waterfront)
4. Lunch @ Sitka & Spruce (light & lovely)
5. Running store shopping (Oiselle mission)
6. Molly Moon ice cream (their earl gray is AMAZING)
7. Theo Chocolates (tours sold out but plenty of samples in their store!)
8. Brouwer's for happy hour (great craft beer selection, especially if you love IPAs)
9. Dinner @ Revel (favorite of Tom Colicchio during recent filming of Top Chef)

Chef Matt Dillon @ Sitka & Spruce provides a locavore menu - these are locally crafted cheeses & salted butter that were heavenly

Albacore, arugula, chanterelles, cherry toms, beans...savory & light
We also had salmon with long beans, tomatoes, and soft egg, braised cucumbers with lobster mushrooms, and more...

At some point, as we ventured from point to point, I dragged the ladies up these stairs that illustrate well the steepness of the many hills in Seattle.


Prior to dinner, we paid a surprise visit to lovely Megan (Daily Sweat & Oiselle team member) at work...
E, Kim, Megan
At Revel, we started with this amazing meat platter, then moved on to dumplings, rice bowls, duck with noodles, and more. We were lucky to be joined by several other Seattle-area runners and/or bloggers (Lindsay, Sarah, Sally, Elizabeth B). Why didn't we get a group photo??


Duck! 
In the end, I came home with some great Oiselle shorts & tank that feel like a second skin, these super cool tumblers for my Jameson (below), some extra calories I probably didn't need, and most importantly, a day of great memories with two bloggy friends.

The next day, I was a bit "hung over" from all the fun and was having withdrawals from these great ladies. I hope Nuun brings Elizabeth back next year for Hood to Coast so Kim & I can have another run-eat-shop-eat-walk-eat-eat-drink-eat pre-Hood to Coast tour of Seattle!

You can order these awesome tumblers HERE.


7 comments:

  1. It was soooo good to see you Alma! Let me know if you can ever meet up for a weekend run

    ReplyDelete
  2. Got to love those seattle hills...way to get out there and embrace them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha! Love this post. I, too, enjoy #FatFluential.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love love those tumblers! Are they on line? Sounds like a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How did we not take a picture at dinner? Honestly. I'm so glad you took pictures of the dinner food. It was amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like the perfect day and makes me want to visit Seattle!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Spot on with this write-up, I truly believe that this site
    needs a great deal more attention. I'll probably be back again to see more, thanks for the info!

    my web-site: vertical leap Exercises

    ReplyDelete