WHY is this a leap of faith you ask?
Well, because THIS trouble maker twisted my arm into committing to a double header in October! Actually, there wasn't much convincing needed. I have plenty of frequent flier points and I have been needing something to look forward to / something to give me hope, so I took the plunge. LJ, a frequent partner-in-crime of Kim's, also will be a part of this crazy weekend and I look forward to meeting her.
- First, I picked up a good deal (points) on a round trip ticket between Seattle and Philadelphia, leaving on a Friday morning and returning on a Sunday evening.
- Second, I booked a car for Kim, LJ, and I to cruise around in.
- Third, I ordered a SkirtSports skirt (on sale of course) along with Kim & LJ so we can be matchy for one of the races.
- Fourth, I registered for a Saturday half marathon in Delaware (Run for the Buds, Rockford Park) and a Sunday half marathon in New Jersey (Seaside Half Marathon, Seaside Heights).
- Book hotel rooms in Philly and NJ.
- Come up with a short list of "must eats" in Philly (~ 30 minutes from DE race location) for Friday night and Saturday, post-race, as well as one decent eatery for Saturday night in NJ.
- Get recommendations for the top 3 things we must see in Philly since we will have some time post-race before we need to drive from Philly to the Jersey Shore (look out Snookie, I'm bringing my biggest bump-it!).
I need to resolve this plantar fasciitis thing so I can train for this crazy DOUBLE HEADER WEEKEND with the girls!
Anyone else want to meet us in DE or NJ?
Anyone have recommendations for eats or to-do's in Philly?