Thursday, April 12, 2012

12 more days...lottery time


Is anyone else going crazy, waiting for the NYC Marathon registration deadline to come? Get registered by April 23rd if you're gonna do it! Then, two days later we find out about the lottery? For those interested in pre-NYC festivities...

Watch the Live Stream

Tune in to tv.nyrr.org at noon EDT on April 25 to get the latest details about marathon weekend, see surprise guests, and perhaps even catch your name scrolling across the screen by the time this event ends at 12:30 p.m.! Two lucky entrants will win domestic round-trip flights with United Airlines, and it'll be announced live, so don't miss it.
 
*********************************************************************************
And in the meantime, anyone going to stream Boston on Monday morning?

Last year's race was so amazing, part of me doesn't want to watch again for fear that it will be dull in comparison. Unlike last year, though, it will be FREE this year at Universal Sports. I don't think I can NOT watch, even though there are no elite female U.S. runners this year.


Do you think we'll see a record this year? (If so, hopefully the winds won't ruin the legitimacy of the finish times!)



7 comments:

  1. I ran the NYC Marathon in 2002 and loved every single second. I am saving up so I can run it for my 50th birthday present in 2016.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, i realized last night when i got the email about NYC that is is find out about NUUN on the 24th, NYC on the 25th, and i leave for big sur on the 27th. crazy running week. and yes, I will be watching on the 25th. hoping i can get home from work earlier enough to see some of Boston-but it is doubtful. the downsides of having a job that makes you drive :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the link for the Boston footage. Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm betting no on records - it looks HOT for Marathon Monday! I AM super excited that it's freeeee to stream this year. Incentive to be at work on time Monday.

    Did you enter the NYC lottery?!?! Curse it. I want to now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the link, hope it works in the UK! Over here we're looking forward to the Londong marathon the following Sunday too. Good luck with the lottery!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm yes on both accounts. My husband already has his NY entry, hoping I get lucky in the lottery.
    And I've got the alarm set, can't wait to see Boston in the morn! Hope everyone runs responsibly in that heat. Eeeek.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm SO glad you posted this because I have been asking people when we will EVER find out about NYC and no one seems to know. So they promise to tell us on April 25th? But now I'm sad because I was hoping we'd find out before the lottery for the San Fran Women's Marathon closes, because if I'm not in I want to enter that!

    ReplyDelete