Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Registered: Capital City Half Marathon / 2012

I took the plunge and got registered! Now, to finalize the training plan that starts next week. Not a lot of time, but that's ok, right? I'm still not above trying to head to Coeur d'Alene but at least I will get one half in this Spring in case the ID trip doesn't pan out.


Capital City Marathon / 2012 - May 20

Plus, the hubs is teasing me with his work travel schedule. We're hoping the little guy and I can piggy back on a work trip (as long as he doesn't schedule these at the last minute like usual, when points tickets are gone and cash prices are $$$$):
  • Charleston, SC in mid-May
  • Providence, RI in late May (Memorial Day weekend!)
  • Atlanta, GA the first weekend of June
I'm trying not to get my hopes up because these things rarely work out but...IF we can make a fun trip out of a work trip, I'll definitely be figuring out how to squeeze a race in (5k/10k) so I can scratch a state off my list. Ideally, I would love to go to ATL so I can possibly hook up with two of my most favorite bloggers:

Determined to Be Fit
Running for Bling

Ok, but NOT getting my hopes up...

(fingers crossed)

*******************************************************************************

One more training run until the St. Patty's Day Half!

5 comments:

  1. Take me to Atlanta with you! I hope you get to go and see E. She is so great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet! I hope the Atlanta trip works out. I haven't managed to run into E at a race yet.

    One thing is for sure, you would not want to run a race down here that weekend because the heat and humidity are insane. I only do it because I have to keep up my trail running. I hate every minute of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. shut up shut up shut up!!!! yay!!! there is a 5k and really fun festival (kid friendly) in my hood that weekend :) just sayin...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Combining work trip with races is perfect! I'll keep my fingers cross :)

    ReplyDelete