Monday, March 5, 2012

Just got lucky


View Larger Map

You see my YMCA on the left? This is where I can swim, lift (but not bench), run, bike, etc when I'm downtown Seattle during the work day. Currently, the Y is about a 7-10 minute walk from my office depending on traffic/timing of lights. This is quite close but unfortunately the round trip does have an impact on my schedule.

As a consultant, it can be tough to get 8 BILLABLE hours in my day when I have child care only for a limited time in the day. Sometimes, I need to bring my computer home at night to make up extra time to get everything done and have solid time to bill. This isn't too bad since it does afford me the flexibility to work out during the day when I have missed my morning window pre-work to work out.

Good news - that not-so-attractive building directly across the street from the Y is going to become my new office in May! Our lease runs out at our current location, which we've outgrown, and we'll be moving up the hill to this most perfect of locations. I will be able to zip in & out for classes and workouts with minimal impact on my work day.

As if it couldn't get any better, just north of our new office is our Central Library which is a beautiful work of art and also is where my little guy takes story time on occasion. Another stroke of luck that I'll be close enough to see the little guy at times.

Come May, NO EXCUSES for me to miss out on gym time - I CAN'T WAIT!

8 comments:

  1. That is exciting. The gym really close by and your son to visit! Whoopie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So convenient! Lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's Great news! I'm so jealous! I wish my work had a gym across the street!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A gym and books right at your fingertips, awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You really couldn't be any nearer to the gym! It's interesting to be able to see your workplace on the map from my living room in England!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is awesome. I would love to be that close to a GOOD gym! My office building has a gym and it is functional and I appreciate it, but I think if I had my gym that close I would actually do more swimming during the week.

    Always nice to have books AND your little one nearby as well. I love a good book. I just started The Hunger Games and I can't put the book down.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is great news! So close that there really won't be any excuses.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is awesome!!!So jealous :)

    ReplyDelete