Thursday, January 12, 2012

Too many notes

In a little over 2 days, I'll be on a plane bound for Maui. My first trip to Hawaii, EVER, which is crazy for a native Washingtonian. It seems like I'll never get there though.

I've been working every night this week to get caught up before lift off and still, I need to do so much before Sunday's departure WITHOUT child care over the next 2 days:

  • Put a hold on the mail (minor) DONE 1/13!
  • Cancel the dairy delivery (minor) DONE 1/13!
  • Cancel the produce delivery (minor) DONE 1/13!
  • Notify the neighbors of our trip plans (minor) DONE 1/13!
  • Put the lamps on timers (minor, yes, these things are just busy work but they add up)DONE 1/14!
  • Pack (find our snorkel gear, life jacket for little guy, sunscreen, summer clothes, etc) DONE 1/14!
  • Complete & send in my annual self-evaluation (yes, it's that time of year) DONE 1/13!
  • Provide manager reviews for 6 of my co-workers
  • Develop a budget for a new project opportunity that came in today DONE 1/13!
  • Complete a deliverable that is due tomorrow/Friday (!) DONE 1/13!
  • Take care of some loose ends for a confidential project DONE 1/14!
  • [Just decided not to worry about the 2 baby showers I'll be missing & will just send presents after I get back]
  • Watch my niece Friday-Saturday while mom is away DONE 1/14!
  • Get last long run in before Maui Oceanfront Half Marathon on 1/22? Can I squeeze an 8-miler in?
  • Watch the marathon trials on Saturday, 3 p.m.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DONE 1/14!
I'm sure I'm forgetting some work stuff. I'm thinking the performance reviews will get put off until I'm already in Hawaii. Yes, I'm bringing my computer because guaranteed, I'll have fires to put out (like one of the people on a project team just gave notice so I'm coordinating transition of her work to another staff while away).

The good thing is my "goal" list for next week is all relaxation:
Just need to get through the next 2 days (and a 5 hr flight with a 2.5 yr old!)...

15 comments:

  1. yall will have sooo much fun!! what a great trip. and don’t worry-you’ve got your list. now just check it off. you will get it all done. and if not, the world won’t come to an end, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun!!! I went to Maui for the first time last May. It was heaven. Where are you staying? We were in Napili. Gosh, I miss the snorkeling! Have a blast, and take lots of pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's going to be so fun. I'm so jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds great Have a fantastic time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maui rocks. Make sure you go to the Maui Brewing Brewpub in Kahana - awesome. And take your warmest clothes to Haleakala - it is very cold during sunrise.

    Most importantly - have fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pre-travel errands can really pile up, but just think... soon you'll be relaxing on beautiful beaches....

    AND WE WANT PHOTOS WHEN YOU RETURN!
    (no pressure).
    ;-)

    Have a great trip! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm putting our newspaper on hold right now. I always forget to do that. And, S needs to find his snorkel gear too. Eek. My sister and her family will be here all this weekend. If I survive, I deserve a trip to Maui!

    Can't wait to see you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have a wonderful trip!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is sooooo exciting - running a half marathon in Hawaii - good luck and have FUN!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Have a great trip and race! Always wanted to go to Hawaii. Only slightly jealous... :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. sounds like a great trip!! have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I miss Hawaii!! I need to go there. Can't wait to read all about your trip! Drink some beers for me!...and enjoy the sun and warmth!

    ReplyDelete
  13. PS - Thanks for the reading suggestions. I put Galileo's Daughter on my Amazon list, and am going to see if the library has Miles. (At first I thought that was the title of a running book. ;) But I love jazz! Miles Davis' autobiography sounds like great reading!)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hawaii - wonderful!!! Hope you get a break from work. ENJOY!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh gawd. NOW I SEE THIS POST.

    See you this weekend weeeeeeee!

    ReplyDelete