Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Maui: Run #1

I could get used to this...

Although my body is in shock with the warmth (low 80's) and humidity, it's feeling pretty damn good. We flew out of Seattle just as Snowmageddon was starting. We're missing out on an unprecedented 5-9 inches of new snow in town. Crazy!

Meanwhile, Ka'anapali is pretty o.k. It was a bit rough on our first full day here yesterday as the little man caught a bug. We took it easy, spending time at the pool and beach but not for very long. We got a decent sleep last night so I was able to get up early-ish this morning and try my first run (a little over 6 miles) along the "beachwalk," which is accessible from anywhere along the Ka'anapali beaches.

Compliments of USATF.ORG
The trail is a bit busy with runners and pedestrians but it was all good. It's part wood, part cement sidewalk, part oceanfront, part resort, fresh air, no traffic/car worries, all good (again, yes). I will take my camera next time so I can share the great ocean views.

After I got back and posted my run to DailyMile, Average A commented that she's coming here, too, for the Maui Oceanfront Half! WOOT! I can't believe we didn't know each other were going to be here until now! "A" will be running with friends, decked out in grass skirts and coconut shells - oh my! Ms. Kim arrives later this week, too, and I'm quite excited for this little bloggy reunion.

In the meantime, I'm testing out places where we can carbo load...

Maui Brewing Company - the variety is ALMOST too much! (We got through 16 varieties on this visit.)

8 comments:

  1. So far your trip sounds wonderful! I'm looking forward to more photos.
    And good luck with the race!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still waiting for snow over here... still waiting... :)

    Have a great time and drink up those beers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know Average A's blog! Just jumped over and "met" her. How fun to meet someone new in Maui. Can't wait to get over there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sooo jealous... have a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. SO very jealous as the snow is just beginning here. It sounds like an amazing place!
    And I love your skirt in your photo that appears next to the comments! I want one just like it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahhhhh so pretty!!! ENJOY! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You got out just in time too...most flights to Hawaii were delayed and/or canceled! Soak up some sun and heat for me and have fun!

    ReplyDelete