Wednesday, December 7, 2011

What happens in Vegas...



Ends up on my blog!

Not. :) I am silent on the bachelorette party; although, I can say that the bachelorette got lei'ed twice at the running expo.



We started out at 11 women for the party but just five of us lingered for the big half marathon walk. (Did anyone else out there purchase kick-ass Stetson boots at the Cowboy Christmas Fair, next door to the expo?) It was a fantastic bachelorette party weekend in Vegas. My first time ever. I was nervous and wondering why I hadn't done this when I was in my 20's but I have to say, Vegas is for everyone.



We saw George Lucas (we were too wimpy to ask him: "Why, why, WHY did you create JarJar Banks and ruin Star Wars?") though I never would have noticed him if not pointed out to me.

There have certainly been a lot of complaints about how crowded the Rock & Roll race was and I have to admit, I felt like I was 19 again in a mosh pit at a Nirvana concert as we were trying to make our way to our corral. We never made it, ended up jumping in as the corral went by. There were no shuttles as promised, so we walked 1.4 miles to the start from our hotel then walked 1.4 miles back again. At 11 p.m. When it was sprinkling and 35 degrees outside. Brrrr.

There weren't many bands on the course so we decided to sing & add our own Rock & Roll to the event. 
BUT - the race pretty much kicked ass. We had a fantastic time, took lots of walk breaks to enjoy the view,
Yes, random dude with beer stopped to pose
lost track of all the Elvis's & Marilyn's we saw, and




I felt complete after seeing Endorphin Dude around mile 6.
Third RNR event, third Endorphin Dude encounter. 
Awesome. He only has five more marathons to go until he reaches his goal of 52 marathons in 365 days. We rocked our Sparkle Skirts and enjoyed the other crazy girls on the course.



You can't see it, but these girls are each carrying 3 tall-boys. 
 I am done with Competitor Group races even though we were smiles before & after:
The Before
And After
Done! Where is that burger? It's 11 p.m. and we're HUNGRY! 
A great ending to a fantastic weekend with some of the best friends a girl could hope for.
And now, to get back to RUNNING and preparing for the Santa Runs Tacoma 5k and Yukon Do It half marathon later this month.

ROCK ON!



10 comments:

  1. Great photos. I'd love to go to Vegas one day... Good luck with your next races!

    ReplyDelete
  2. snort the JarJar Binks comment. I DESPISED that character was really pissed at it. Thank God he's got 2 seconds in Revenge of the Sith because I would have flipped.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You and your friends look so great, and you're obviously having a blast. Good for you for not letting the issues with the race get you down. LOL at your friend getting lei'd twice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic post! It seems like walking the event all bundled up was the best way to do it. See you next week! Got your purple socks ready to go...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a great time in Vegas! All the pictures were great and so colorful! Glad you had fun! And I wish I would have gotten some cowgirl boots. I want some colorful ones but they are SO expensive!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE IT!! Glad you had fun.. see you soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks like a lot of fun. I would be starving by 11pm too.
    By the way, I gave a link to your blog to my SIL (Suzanne), she's the one who will be running the Marathon in Maui. I figured she'd get in touch with us if she wants to that way.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like you guys had soo much fun! I think walking/running and just enjoying whats around you was the best way to run that race.

    ReplyDelete
  9. glad yall had fun!! and yall looked super cute. are you saying done with competitor bc it was that bad?? or bc you have moved on from RNR races? its all been very interesting to read about...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Have fun at the Santa race and really a race in the Yukon or is just called that? Have fun!

    ReplyDelete