Friday, December 23, 2011

Inspired by an ultramarathoner's journey

For a while now I have been following a blog that I really enjoy. I have found Kia @ Determined to Be Fit amazing and inspiring in all that she's accomplished this year. We have quite a bit in common (I think) so I felt especially absorbed by her journey and am fighting the tears right now as I'm so happy for her finishing her first 50-miler.

After half and full road marathons, Kia transitioned into trail running with a 10-miler, marathon, 15k, 50k, and now a 50-miler. Up and down mountains, through streams and mud pits, getting lost in the woods and finding her way back again, she did it all. So incredible.

It makes me wonder,
What will I set out to do next year? How far will I venture out of my comfort zone? 


What about you? Are you going to try something new in 2012?

6 comments:

  1. yes….i will try something new. relaxing. i have really enjoyed this week and don’t want to burn myself out on running. i will learn to be happy with what i can accomplish and not beat myself up for not doing more. 4 states might be all i can afford-and that is okay. :) MERRY CHRISTMAS to you, the hubs, and that precious baby boy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a feeling I will try MANY new things in 2012. I'm feeling that my time here is growing short rather quickly...where in the world did those last 44 years go?????????

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whenever I read about ultra marathoners, I want to do one too. But then I slap my self because I've never done a marathon. :) one day...

    ReplyDelete
  4. In 2010 I ran my first marathon; in 2011 my longest run was just 8 miles! Who knows what 2012 will bring? Fingers crossed it won't be any injuries!

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll be going way out of my comfort zone to do a triathlon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the blog love! I would love to go for a run with you if I lived on the other side of the country. I would probably be behind you though because you are so much faster than me LOL!

    One day! Seattle is on my list of places to visit. I've never been west of Chicago.

    ReplyDelete