Next month is another chance to pick it up again. Somehow, despite being in recovery mode and having trouble with consistent training, I managed to get myself hooked into TWO half marathons and ONE 5k next month! LOCA!
Let's break November down...
- November mileage = 54 though still two days left (up from 37 in Oct., 47 in Sept.).
- One week out sick. Blech.
- Dropped out of Amanda's Holiday Booty Buster Challenge. Lame, I know. I had fun with it last year, but it was stressing me out to have to track everything.
- 10 running days total (so far), 6 cycling days, 4 strength training days, 1 elliptical day (that almost finished me off).
- First successful interval (4 x 1,000m) & tempo (4-mile) workouts since June. This included mapping the perfect 2-mile loop on which to run tempos, just <0.5 mile from my house. Includes flats & moderate hills for a great mix (see photo below).
- Two long runs with Megan, beautiful fall scenery along Lake Washington (photo 1, photo 2).
- Received two pairs of Brooks shoes [free] to wear test (sweet!).
- Enjoyed my CSA produce more than ever with summer gone, the photo of which seemed to be of interest to some folks. I think I will have to post on the crazy veggies later.
- Did NOT participate in Black Friday (again) and overcame the urge to buy a Thomas the Train track for the little one to put under the tree (though I caved on a puzzle). Still on track to not overindulge. But I might go back for that Thomas toy.
- Succumbed to CyberMonday deals and purchased blinds for the new basement bath & bedroom.
- Panic about what's coming in December with minimal training under my belt:
- Las Vegas Rock & Roll Half Marathon (mostly a walk) THIS WEEKEND, at the end of a bachelorette weekend. Assuming we finish, this will be RNR event #3 this year!
- Santa Runs Tacoma 5k on December 18 with Team Will Run for Ice Cream, dressed as candy canes.
- Yukon Do It Half Marathon on December 31 in Port Orchard. I only signed up for the race because of the photo they have on their home page. It's beautiful. Or it has the potential to be beautiful, anyway. It could also be 33 degrees and raining this year when I do it. Fingers crossed for clear skies.
|Sweeeet 2-mile loop for running tempos|