Thursday, November 17, 2011

It took 5 months

I haven't been able to complete Furman FIRST speed workouts since JUNE, before the big blow-out. But it looks like I'm on my way back. After 5 long months. 

Key workout #1: 1 mi warm-up, 4x1000m in 4:44, 1 mi cool-down. DONE!
Key workout #2: 1 mi warm-up, 4 mi tempo @ 7:34 pace, 0.5 mi cool-down. DONE!
Key workout #3: 10 mi long run. (To be completed this weekend)

Ok, so this is a bit premature as there still is one workout left, but it's the speedwork that has been the greatest hurdle in my rehab. I'm pretty damn excited to have gotten through the intense workouts unscathed. No calf explosions. Not even a tumble off the treadmill (though it was close on those 1,000's).

And in other unfinished business...
finally finished knitting this hat that I started last winter. Had to rip it out and size up. DONE!

Other positive happenings this week: 
Two pairs of mystery shoes from Brooks arrived on my porch to wear test (and another Brooks running skirt of my doing): 

Very nice!


9 comments:

  1. There's nothing like a long period of injury to make you really appreciate running when you get back into it. You're doing great - good luck with the 10-miler!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! You nailed the speed work outs! Good job!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well you're off to another great start! Fingers and toes crossed this cycle brings you to your goals and beyond. Injury free!
    Love the cap!
    Enjoy the Brooks goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yay! and he is so stinking cute. I am a tester but haven’t received anything in a year or so. jealous!! :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so great, Alma!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So many great things!! Congrats on those runs, and enjoy your 10 miles!

    That kid of yours is super cute.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice! I would like to borrow your workout #2 times, so please send them south when you are finished with them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That hat is adorable!!! Where did you get that patter? I am a knitter too and would LOVE to make that hat for one of my friends for Christmas!

    SCORE on the Brooks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic blog! Do you have any tips and hints for aspiring writers?
    I'm hoping to start my own site soon but I'm a little lost
    on everything. Would you recommend starting with a free platform like Wordpress or go for
    a paid option? There are so many choices out there that I'm totally confused .. Any suggestions? Thanks a lot!
    my site: pencil

    ReplyDelete