Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving & Vinny quote (TBL)

I'm taking some time off from running for a few days due to a virus that overtook me, but want to wish everyone a very HAPPY THANKSGIVING.

I have a lot to be thankful for this year, including a loving & supportive family, great job, incredible friends, and the ability to get out and enjoy running (when I'm not sick, that is).

This is totally random but last night during The Biggest Loser, Vinny (my favorite contestant) made a statement that resonated with me. When Bob asked him what he would see looking into Vinny's window at Thanksgiving, Vinny said that they would see the happiest kid who would have everything he needs and would work hard for everything he wants. 

Things just don't have much value when they come easy. Nothing wrong with a good work ethic and nothing worse than someone who thinks they're entitled to everything!

Good luck to the Seattle Marathon/Half Marathoners out there and everyone doing a turkey trot, gobble, waddle, and more.

Just a little more than a week out from Las Vegas RNR Half! WOOT!

Now to make some sense out of this week's produce delivery...persimmons, arugula, kale, beets, baby bok choy, and more - oh my!


4 comments:

  1. Oh my, your vegetables horrify me. I wouldn't know what to do with them.
    Happy T Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What will you do with those veggies?

    Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never heard of some of those things in your veggie box! Hope you had a great Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete