|Not this year.|
Anyway, we went down to cheer A on and it was AWESOME!
|Menu @ Bailey's Tap Room|
|Cascade Imperial Amber (Portland, OR) and Double Mountain Killer Green Fresh Hop IPA (Hood River, OR) were my favorites.|
|E & A at the finish. Finishers received an additional finisher's shirt, gold bling medal, 40th anniversary medal, a rose, and a Douglas Fir sapling.|
And it makes me so inspired to train and hungry to race!
- two guys running completely barefoot
- Pacific Islander-style guy running with a green headdress, wrist thingys, and loincloth (and he had nice buns, yes)
- guy I went to college with who I always knew to collect psyilly mushrooms and travel to Ecuador to chill in the jungle with the curanderos (yes, interesting)
- guy completely garbed in British flags
- beautiful views of downtown Portland from the "other" side of the river (I can never get my directions straight in that town)
- two women crossing the finish together, holding hands, who reminded me of Kerrie and Zoe (totally choked me up)
- one turquoise sparkle skirt (woot!)
- too many bicyclists WITHOUT helmets (what's UP with that PDX? y'all are dense about this one!)
- more cute running skirts than I could count
- thousands of proud faces
Congratulations to A, Carla (I had hoped to see her but did not), Kristen, and everyone else who ran in Portland, Long Beach, and Chicago this weekend!