Sunday, October 23, 2011

New baby!

My new baby, need to decide on a name for her.
Ha! Kind-of like a new baby - I'm quite proud, anyway! NAME SUGGESTIONS?

This Sunday, I am thankful for the family living "up on the plateau" above Microsoft who has a lot more expendable income than me, who purchased a high-end Landice L7 series treadmill and then never really used it, only to sell it seven years later on Craig's List for 22% of the original purchase price to this Average Woman Runner.

Oh, and I'm thankful to my parents for throwing in the upright fan to use next to the new 'mill.

I will appreciate this for all the runs I can squeeze in, particularly when the hubs is traveling and I don't have child care but need to exercise. And my family will be thankful because I'll be a much nicer person to have around if I don't have to struggle as much to get my running workouts in.

I'm so excited! 

I'm thinking it looks rather lonely and plain over in that corner, though, so will need to do some decorating. Maybe start with one of these? Could be quite motivational while doing the 10 x 400m Furman FIRST workout.


Made by Runningonthewall, you can buy a variety of medal & bib hangers by checking out their shop on Etsy HERE. This can also be personalized with your name & comes in 9 colors.

Or this one?
My hometown!
Made by Allied Medal Displays.

14 comments:

  1. Love the name of your blog! Makes me feel like you're not one of the 'scary runners' who run five miles just to warm up.

    The treadmill looks great. Now you can go nowhere really fast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your new buy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on the new baby. How 'bout naming her Death March or Necessary evil? Just kidding (I don't really like mine much, can you tell?). How 'bout Supersonic? :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am super jealous right now. I really really want a treadmill, especially since I heard that last year here in Germany it snowed everyday between Dec 1 and New Years :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seriously love that treadmill. I'd love one like that when I upgrade.

    How about "Butter" because the run will be smooth like butter ...

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a truly fancy treadmill. I researched hard when I was planning to buy so I know that is top of the line! Glad you got a great deal. Having a good treadmill at home is so seriously so convienient!

    Oh and I totally have that wood plaque pinned on Pinterest already. My Allied Metal one is full already. Oops!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on the new addition! My treadmill was also very slightly used when I got her for a song.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on the new addition to your family! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I got my 'baby' off craigslist also! I love the Allied Medal Dispaly! I am pretty sure that is going on my Christmas wish list.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on your new baby!!! I bought one earlier this year an LOVE it!! Btw, I have the exact same fan in front of it as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on the treadmill! Not only is it good for Seattle winter training, but it can also really help if you're flirting with tendinitis... cushier than wet pavement or even slick tracks.
    As for name suggestions, perhaps something Viking, like "Fastvi"? That or Gertrude. There just aren't that many Gertrudes around anymore-- why not one in your workout room?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Skippy? I love that Seattle running hanger. Very classy.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Woo-Hoo! Sweet mill! I'm shopping for one right now... Love the wooden sign!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sweet score on the treadmill, that's fantastic!! LOVE my treadmill, I am not sure I would log even half the miles I do without it. I have to have a tv plopped in front though, and a good movie if it's a long run :). The signs are very neat...can't wait to see them full of medals!

    ReplyDelete