4. Zucchini chocolate brownies. Mmmm!
I actually have a recipe I like where I grate zucchini and yam (dewater), add some seasonings, egg, cornmeal, then pat into little cakes, pan fry or broil, and they become delicious little fritters that I give to the little man as snacks. They keep well in the freezer so you can make them in bulk and use as needed. Quite yummy, healthy, and handy.
|Alki Beach, West Seattle|
Today was a run day for me, so the little man and I kicked off the long weekend with a run at Alki Beach and some sand time. Ten kickin' sights included:
- A Great Dane whose fur was like a Holstein (black & white spots) - he left major slime on little man's leg
- Three guys filming a rap video (boiiiii!)
- Stroller Striders group out exercising (will someone pay me to help them workout with their babe & stroller?)
- Two paddle boarders
- Backhoe loader (always a delight)
- Two garbage trucks and one compost truck (flashing lights!)
- Two KIRO newsmen looking for people who were at the mini Statue of Liberty on Alki Beach on 9/11. [I said no. Should have told them that instead, I was at the CDC in Atlanta attending a DOD conference on mustard gas. Odd but true. Ended up driving back to Seattle from Atlanta with my client when all the flights were cancelled.]
- Three Bainbridge ferry boats and two West Seattle taxi boats
- The cutest little guy EVER:
With that, we're off to the mountains for the next few days. Hopefully I'll get to hike a little, play in the river, and push my next run up to 30 minutes!
Have a great Labor Day Weekend everyone!