Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Triple Crown

I'm up to running 10 minutes every other day, after tomorrow I can bump it up to 15 minutes every other day. I'm still not sure what this means about training for an actual race but I was checking the calendar and it's looking like I might be able to squeeze an "A" race in at the very end of December or in early January.

The only catch is that there aren't any local races (half marathons) in late December or early January. Drat.

Oh, but wait! I just bought an airplane ticket today to attend my girlfriend's bachelorette party in
LAS VEGAS on December 3 - 5. 
(I may have had some influence over which dates we went down for the party.) 

You know what that means?

Third RNR event in 2011 gets me the Triple Crown, baby!

Don't worry, I'm not crazy enough to think this will be a "race" race on the Sunday night of a bachelorette party weekend. It will be fun though, and a good opportunity to purify the system before heading home.

In the meantime, I'm trying to convince other members of the party to stick around for the race. Wishful thinking?




11 comments:

  1. I've been eyeing this race just because it's at night and it's in Vegas. I'll keep you posted if I decide to do it. I'm going to Vegas in Oct, so it might be too much Vegas in one year for me... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So awesome you are running even if it's just a little bit. That's awesome progress! You will be ready for Vegas RnR and I hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hoooooray!!!

    Welcome back! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great to see that you are easing yourself back into running. You will appreciate it so much now that you have been without it for a while!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now that would be a fun weekend a bachelorette party and half marathon in one weekend. Thanks for following me on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rhinoplasty is one of the oldest cosmetic
    surgeries that we have written evidence for.
    Writing around 500 BC, the Indian Ayurvedic
    physician Sushruta (sometimes referred to as
    the father of plastic surgery) described nasal
    reconstructive surgery in detail...
    http://www.rhinoplastyguide.com/rhinoplastycost.html
    for Rhinoplasty price

    ReplyDelete
  7. A bunch of my friends are doing that race. I've been back and forth about it... but maybe!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the idea of an evening race and I've never been to Vegas. Why is that race so expensive though?!? The half alone is $140! Maybe my brain is programmed in Atlanta prices but that seems excessively high to me. You should go for it though - it would kill me to be there and see them running down the street and not participate! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That race looks like a blast!!! I hope you have a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, I hope it works out for you! That's so great that things are looking up!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good luck! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete