Thursday, August 11, 2011

Non-running streak is OVER!

Dr. Brian said he could see the smile on my face while standing behind me as I ran on his treadmill today. It was THAT big. 

Today WOULD HAVE BEEN my 47th non-running day

I got 1 mile in on the treadmill and felt fine! Rx for this coming week includes some awesome new strength moves I'll share later and 10 minutes of running every other day as long as I have no pain.

AND... (it gets better)

I get to resume my bicycle commute to work which I've really been missing because it's such a great way to start a work day, zipping through town. 

WOOHOO! I'm alive again! 


19 comments:

  1. YAY ALMA!!! That's fantastic news!!! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaY!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hoooooooooooooooray! Great news!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's great news. Congratulations! Happy Running to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great news! Keep improving.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome! Not long and you'll be back in full force.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So happy that you can run again! I am doing the BD Oly! Lets meet up!

    ReplyDelete
  8. yay!!!! so excited!!!! i know you are too :) about the skirt-i’m BROKE too because of this damn condo so thats why i didn’t buy it either….crossing my fingers for a good bonus check in 2 weeks :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. okay…so i just looked on the website and its on sale this weekend..under $50 if you want the athletic one-which i need since my thighs touch :):) i’m VERY tempted.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great news! So happy for you! Hope to see you in Portland!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is wonderful news!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hooray! Congrats! That is WONDERFUL news!

    ReplyDelete
  13. YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SO happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Welcome back! I know the feeling because I've been out of the game myself and recently started back up again.

    I wish you a fast, pain-free, triumphant return to running!

    ReplyDelete