The weather has been gorgeous in Seattle and the mornings are PERFECT running and bike-commuting weather. Earlier this week, as I was walking from work to the pool to get my swim on, I saw a number of bikers and runners out.
I'm 97.6% sure they were out just to mock me. I swear. I wanted to push all the cyclists over and trip the runners. If I can't run, NO ONE should be able to run within my eyesight. That's how it SHOULD be because I'm your average MEAN woman non-runner now.
Is that redundant, average = mean? Oh, you know what I mean! Oh heck, that's three different meanings for the word mean.
Ok, so mean girl here trying to see the upsides of being side-lined:
- No more gym bag schlepping. My swimsuit/goggles/cap fit neatly into my big purse. I'm sure other train commuters appreciate me taking up less space.
- Fewer loads of laundry. Just think of all the running / cycling clothes I'm NOT using & getting all sweaty! This also means lower water and energy consumption. I'm green!
- Regular showers (thanks to lap swim). Yes, with regular lap swimming, I'll definitely be showering (with soap!) to get that nasty chlorine off AND I will be shaving my legs on a more regular basis. j.k. Swimming counts as showering, right?
- Working the weights. I'm finally getting to that core work and light weight training that I've been meaning to do along with the Run Less, Run Faster training program.
- I get to be grumpy with good reason. I think I can play my "I'm injured" card for the next 10 weeks, right? This gives me instant forgiveness from everyone for being grumpy and downright mean. This also allows me to throw an on-line pity party for myself at least once per week.
- No guilt for being lazy on vacation. I'm off to Michigan/Illinois next week to see family and will not have access to a gym. I will have access to flat country roads for easy walking and one pond for floating. Not much I can do to maintain my swimming routine until I return.
- My work clothes may start to fit me again. Now that I'm not marathon training, I just might put some of that weight back on. While most people would see this as a negative, I'm thinking it will be great that my once-too-big clothes will fit again. Maybe I won't even need to use belts anymore!
Do you have anything to add to this list?
I'll be offline most of next week while floating on my in-laws' pond drinking Gobels & Bells. Good luck to folks racing this weekend and I look forward to getting caught up on blogland when I return.