|Ok, you can't see the Rose-style sweat but I swear it was there!|
OH SO HAPPY AFTER my first dry-land sweat since JUNE 25!
As much as I like lap swim, I've been dying to get back onto dry land for a workout with sweat I can actually feel. Dripping off my arms and face.
With clearance from Dr. PT at last appointment, I tried spinning:
- Low resistance ("Level 1" on stationary bike)
- High RPM (stayed between 110-125 for workout)
- iPod shuffle on random: Nirvana, Franz Ferdinand, Lady Gaga, Paul Abdul, ACDC, Michael Jackson, and more good ones...oh yes, so good I had to sing out loud
- $1.99 Goodwill-find Nike Dryfit capris (mostly newish) - for good luck of course
- Lots of feel-good sweat and a giant smile on my face
- 10.8 miles in 30 minutes, followed up with < 2 miles during 5 minute cool-down
- No calf pain!
After I change the laundry over, I'm going to squeeze in a Dimity Core workout or some Jillian core work. Tomorrow, I'll give the bike a break and stick with the pool. Thursday, goin' for another spin!