|Nike of course. They really do make the best clothes.|
Second, as it was 105 degrees this afternoon, I had to opt for a treadmill interval session in the hotel fitness room in order to get my workout in. Damn! Missed opportunity to get some sun & VitD production (it's 60 and raining in Seattle now).
Third, not only did I NOT get a better tan line wearing short-short running shorts outside this morning, I got some serious chafe after one hour of running in them instead (warm-up, 5x1000m @ 6:49 pace with 400m RI, cool-down). Back in the day, my thighs did not touch (when I was 5?). I used to run fast in these shorts! Back in the day. Now, my thighs burn.
Which brings me to some things to work toward before the Portland Marathon:
- Increase lean body mass, bring that fat % down (which means I should go get it measured now so I can check again in Sept before PDX).
- Say good-bye to shorts. Anything but compression shorts either bunch up in the crotch or allow chafing. THANK GOODNESS for running skirts.
Depressing. I had to make myself feel better by listening to the P-Funk on the walk back to my room then drown myself in a Cadillac margarita (to go with my arugula, beet, chevre salad).
Oh, took this at lunch today for your viewing pleasure...
|Uptown Cafe, Superior, AZ|
- Treadmill interval workout felt great.
- I managed to find the Tempe RoadRunner Sports to pick up a singlet for next week's marathon, some new Reef chanclas, and a new Nathan 2-bottle water belt since the elastic on my current one is all stretched out & loose.
- My margarita was much tastier than the Four Peaks Kiltlifter Amber I had last night. It was "eh." And my salad kicked ass.