Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Marathon training - REVISED

Ok, so I'm ALMOST not sore after Saturday's race. Legs hurt. Body tired. I've been really taking it easy this week and am really wondering if I can pull off tomorrow's 11 mile run.

Based on my results from the Indy Mini, I have revised my remaining seven weeks of marathon training. The Furman FIRST program training paces are all based on a recent race result and since my recent race was quite a bit faster, my training paces have suddenly gotten MUCH FASTER.

Do I really have the energy for this?

Click on me to see the crazy paces this lady has to run

No one said it would be easy. OY! I hope I have the energy for this...

Anyone else running Seattle RNR? If so, contact Tall Mom Mel, who is organizing a pre-race bloggy dinner meet-up. Woot!

6 comments:

  1. Yikes! That is definitely speedy...but, look at how well you are doing. You can do this!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 9:07 is your "easy" pace? Hang on, speedy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you are fast! Go for it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. AnonymousMay 12, 2011

    So glad your training program is working out so well! Can I ask you what program you used to make your nifty training plan? Google calendar isn't cutting it for me...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are FAST, but I know you can pull it off!

    ReplyDelete