Wednesday, April 27, 2011

NYC Marathon - DENIED!

Phew! What a relief! I'm already registered for two marathons this year (and I have not run even one yet!). My plan is to get denied for the next two years (during which time I'll have a little brother for Baby F) then I'll get the "gimme" entry in 2014.

Unless, of course, the Gods come down and make me really freaking fast and I qualify with a 3:23 full or 1:37 half. Yeah, not likely.

I found out today, along with ElizabethTMB, Becca, Endorphin Dude, Carla, The Studly Runner, The Running Mama, others that I didn't get a lottery ticket into the NYC Marathon. But part of my plan DIDN'T work.

Grrrrr!

My friend, KC, applied with the same idea that we'd get denied, denied, denied for three years then we'd run it together in 2014 (we ran the NYC Half in 2007 together). But of all the luck,

SHE GOT IN!

If the stars align, I'd love to go out and cheer her on.

12 comments:

  1. Your plan cracks me up. Well, "denied 1" down, two more to go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha nice! maybe i should start entering in the same way...or just get faster..:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Add me to the denied list. Whatevs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. how much fun will 2014 be :):) so excited already!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Third time's the charm!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great plan!
    Hey-it was December when I wore my Sparkle Skirt. Pics on my blog under "Completed Halfs-Holiday Half". I wore my only pair of running tights (black) with a long sleeve black running shirt. Creative, yes? Looking forward to seeing your outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well... I got denied too! I an tossing around the idea of running for charity but I don't think I will have time. Funny plan because I told my husband the same thing last night... Right down to having the baby! Great minds think alike! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That would be excellent if you could be there to watch the NYC this year and cheer your friend on. It would help you feel more prepared for when you get to run it, and be a blast besides.

    I think we need a support group for NYC rejects...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just because you have a plan for denial you just know that you will get accepted the very year that you are pregnant! :)

    I never really considered travelling far for a race. Don't know why. I think I'm going to apply for the Dipsea trail race next year though. The odds are 99% that I will be denied.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your Master plan.. So sad that sooo many got Denied..

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ha ha! I love your plan Alma! So, should I congratulate you on not getting in??

    Seattle and Portland will still be great!!

    Have a fantastic weekend Alma!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What are the two marathons you are doing?

    ReplyDelete