Sunday, March 27, 2011

Boring race re-cap

Average Woman Runner & M
Saturday I got to meet up with M @ Daily Sweat and C @ Running is Mama's Midlife Crisis for the Lake Sammamish Half Marathon. Rain was predicted but we got lucky & had perfectly cool, clear weather. The course was flat gravel rails-to-trail, point-to-point. M & C both got P.R.'s, which is awesome. I was very pleased in that I stuck with my training plan and ran right on pace (1:52). Happy faces around after the run:

Average Woman, M (in her cute Oiselle outfit), C
I was pretty damn hungry before the race started (late start! 9 a.m.) and was looking forward to the post-race pizza that would be served but by the time I finished, pizza was the last thing I could stomach. VERY sad!

What's more sad is that I don't really have much else to say about this run. I'm very happy to have met M and hear about the triathlons she is focusing on this year, but the rest of the weekend has been so busy I'm just beat and I'm having a difficult time remembering yesterday morning's race. It already feels like it was LAST weekend.

Also...I have something else on my mind that is consuming me. Contemplating a complete change in the Master Plan 2011...


12 comments:

  1. Great time for your half, Alma! It's always nice to meet up with people at races. Hope your 2011 change of plans is in a good sense!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome pace! I was going to run it but decided on the race closer to home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job on your time!! I'm always re-evaluating my race plans... drives my hubby crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome time! I'm very intrigued by this plan change. Can't wait to hear ...

    ReplyDelete
  5. You going to try for an ultra? :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. i’m really intrigued as to what has changed…:):)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great pace and I agree. I do not like pizza after a run and it is served quite often.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You killed that race! I hope to be like you some day, speedy. :) I hope the thing that has been consuming your mind is triathlon. More triathlon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome pace! Looking forward to hearing about the change of plan :)

    http://anne-asthmaandthegiftofrunning.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the pictures of you and your running buddies!! So, a redo of the Master Plan eh?? Can't wait to hear more!!

    ReplyDelete