Saturday, February 12, 2011

Meet Endorphin Dude

The trip to New Orleans on Thursday via Southwest Airlines was a bit crazy. I flew from Seattle to Denver to Nashville to NOLA. Phew! It was uneventful between Seattle and Denver but upon boarding in Denver, I saw a friendly face with a Marathon Maniacs t-shirt on.

Me: "Are you running RNR New Orleans?"
Him: "Yes! I'm Endorphin Dude!"

Snapshot during layover in Nashville

Well, it wasn't quite like that but I certainly plunked myself down in the seat next to the friendly Marathon Maniacs t-shirt guy. Within minutes I found out his moniker and it was fun running- & blogging- & do-you-know-who chatting the rest of the way. 

So this super nice recreational marathoner, as he refers to himself, is embarking on a year of insane marathoning, with the goal of running 52 marathons in 52 weeks. Check his blog HERE or Facebook page HERE to read about his adventures.

If you are running a major marathon this year, there is a good chance you'll see the Endurance Dude. And if he's there, you won't miss him because he runs in a cape. Also, he will have the biggest smile on his face that you've ever seen on a marathoner. It's awesome!

Debut of the mardi gras cape!

11 comments:

  1. I love how running makes the world smaller!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that name - Endorphin Dude - and he looks like great company!

    ReplyDelete
  3. runners are always the happiest of people!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun - someone to chat with! Good luck on your race!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice trip with nice people. I always say my daughter: runners are good people!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome! I met Tony late in 2010 -- what an awesome guy, and what a small world!!! FUN!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I saw Endorphin Dude at Surf City last weekend. Funny stuff. He was quite energetic.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cool! I'm sure that made your layover much easier!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Much better way to spend your layover than reading old newspapers and eating stale donuts!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tony AKA Endorphin Dude is amazing!!! I met him during his Goofyfication and got to start with him, run with him and wait for him at the finish to see him earn a title he worked so hard on! He welcomed me to the asylum when I made MM just 3 weeks after meeting him. He never stops cheering and helping anyone and everyone who needs a smile during the marathons he competes in!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love meeting runners. I love meeting them randomly, like on planes. Thanks for making my pre-NOLA experience fun. I hope to see you at future races!

    ReplyDelete