Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Furman FIRST (Run Less, Run Faster) half marathon training program


Evil butterflies do flips in my stomach every time I think about the fact that next Monday is DAY 1 of my half marathon training program. This is all part of my Master Plan 2011 (for kicking ass), of course, but I'm still nervous about it.

It just looks so hard core. Thankfully others of you crazy folk are out there doing this plan, too, so I can read about how you're nailing your track workouts and shame myself into hitting mine. Right? I'm counting on you!! (No pressure, KIM!)

So here's the deal-yo...workouts from Monday, Feb. 2 through the Indianapolis Mini Marathon on May 7th with pacing times below.  Thoughts?


Even though next week is just the start, I'm messing it up already. I'll be sans hubby next week which means I need to be here both morning & night for baby duty. Wednesday's cross-train workout may be reduced to a Jillian video. Also, my long run will be done during the New Orleans Mardi Gras Rock & Roll Half Marathon. Yowza!  I just have to muster the discipline to STOP running at 8 miles as per the Master Plan 2011 and walk the rest with minimal jogging.

With some luck, I'll get to meet up with Elizabeth @ Running for Bling at the RNR Half! Maybe even meet up with some other bloggers?

11 comments:

  1. You can do it!! You are going to amaze yourself, I just know it.
    I am feeling the pressure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've done that exact plan too many times to count. I could probably do it in my sleep. Yes it looks hard and it may feel hard, but stick with it because you're capable of more than you realize. It works--you'll be amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know a lot of people that have had a LOT of luck with FIRST. RUn faster, run less, rest more. Makes sense to me!

    Good luck with the training! You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a GREAT plan.. Excited to watch you kick some major PR booty

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have wanted to try this plan. Good Luck! Can't wait to hear all about it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. 12 x400, holy cow!! i hate those things, you are offically my hero.

    thank you so much for the sweet card, it really and truly made my day

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never looked so forward to the "long run" until I started this FIRST training program! Ha, ha! The intervals and tempos are hard paces, but doable. Good luck in your training!! Won't it be fabulous when we PR this spring!?!!? :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm looking forward to seeing you progress and be excited with your plan. I did a FIRST training plan with my first marathon and loved it. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic posting, I think don’t head easily
    take advantage of this content included in my own guide document.
    Also visit my web site Check Background

    ReplyDelete
  10. You can apply either Joe even if you should certainly concentrate read more about a evaluate web page per se.
    My website - Treating Genital Warts

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi there, I enjoy reading through your post.
    I like to write a little comment to support you.

    Also visit my website - diet plans that work fast

    ReplyDelete