Through 2010 I progressed from walk/jogging to real running and had the pleasure of my first bloggy meet-up at the North Olympic Discovery Half Marathon Walk (Kerrie @ Mom Vs Marathon!) and then running with more PNW and out-of-state bloggers at the You Go Girl 10k/Half and the Santa Runs Tacoma 5k.
It took a year, but I'm happy to now be following my Master Plan 2011 (for kicking ASS) and getting geared up to start training for my first half marathon run since 2008. With more training advice, motivation, and other support from the virtual community and my friends/family, I'll be tackling my first ever full marathon this fall.
This year, I look forward to:
- meeting more bloggers (@ New Orleans RNR next weekend, Portland Marathon in the fall, and at other races)
- racing in at least 3 new states this year (LA, IN, IL), hopefully more
- setting a new half marathon PR (sub 1:47)
- setting a new PR at the Lake Padden Triathlon (rec division; sub 1:15:27)
- finishing my first marathon (goal time sub 3:59:36, which was Sarah Palin's time in 2005. i know this is ambitious for a first but a girl has to dream.)
- staying injury free
THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR YOUR SUPPORT!
NOW, LET'S KICK SOME ASS THIS YEAR! WOOHOOO!