Sunday, January 16, 2011

Stylin'

Thank you ROSE and KADIE for tagging me with the STYLISH BLOGGER award. My friends would likely disagree about me being stylish, so THANK YOU very much for tagging me anyway!


There are 4 duties to perform to accept this award:
1. Make a post + Link back to the person who awarded you this award (check).
2. Share 7 things about yourself 
(check).
3. Award 15 recently discovered great bloggers
(many of the people I would like to award have already been awarded so I'm just going to do a few, and these aren't necessarily recent discoveries)
In a Field of Daffodils
Mom Vs Marathon
4. Contact these bloggers and tell them they’ve won! 
(check)


Seven random style-related things about the Average Woman Runner:
  1. I am an INFP.
  2. My microwave is spotless. I freak if just the smallest food particle is found inside. 
  3. I crumple my race bib up before donning it at each race, for good luck. 
  4. My favorite authors are: Haruki Murakami, Herman Hesse, Jane Austin, and Jose Saramago.
  5. My racing style is: go out fast, poop out right before the end (working on fixing that this year). 
  6. I used to wear flannel and Birkenstocks in the early 90's - like everyone else around here - but not while running. 
  7. My running gait style is slowly becoming more of a mid/fore-foot strike with shorter strides rather than a heavy heel plant with long strides. This is supposed to reduce injuries. We'll see how I do this year! 
*******************************************************************************

This past week, I met my running goal but didn't get any core workouts in and biked only once due to all the craziness around here: Two Michigan visitors staying through this Friday and two holiday parties this past week. Phew! I'll be ready to return to my normal routine NEXT week. Until then, this coming week will include my long run growing by 1 mile to SEVEN miles and two shorter runs. 

Looking forward to February 7, the start of the RUN LESS RUN FAST program!



5 comments:

  1. LOL at #5. This year's training is totally going to fix that for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the award! What's the Run Less, Run Fast program. Sounds interesting. :)

    Yay for shorter strides, btw. That's what I'm trying, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am an INTP. Blogging is so great as an introvert, because I get the joy of interacting with the exhaustion of having to be around people.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have terrible form when it comes to running. I hit my heel hard. I need to work on that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your 7 things! I need you to come clean my microwave. It gets ignored a lot of the time because the door's shut and I don't see what's really in there! And I have your racing style! I'm hoping to change that as well!

    ReplyDelete