Friday, January 21, 2011

Sicko

I still have this damn cold that makes my throat raw (the hot water / brandy / honey drink helps but doesn't cure) and chest ache. I haven't run in 5 days.

How in the heck am I supposed to be a marathoner if I'm sick forever? Seems like forever. 

No biking, no core work, no running, nothing.

Wah.

Poor Baby F was sick too but he's rebounding faster. I think because he's getting better sleep. I had to stay home Tuesday because I wasn't feeling well and you know, even though I only went to the office 3 of 4 days this week, I still billed my full work week even without using any sick time. UG!

No rest for the weary or wicked. We are SLAMMED right now. One more week of deadlines then things should lighten up. I just hope I don't have to wait a week to get enough rest to kick this stubborn bug.

!_#)$(*#_@)$!!! 

6 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry that you are still sick!!! ahh! I have no solutions except for tea and rest. Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. UGH I have the same thing right now. I've been fighting this cold for 3 weeks and now it's kind of shown up - super raw throat, cough, sometimes stuffy, feel like POOP. I'm counting 'getting out of bed' and 'putting a bra on' as my exercise for the week, kthx.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you're feeling better real soon - nothing sucks like a stupid chest cold! I love me a little DayQuil/NyQuil therapy, I can usually get enough sleep to feel human.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you feel better soon! Drink lots of tea with honey in it, and if you want to have a great night's sleep, take NyQuil before bed. That stuff always zonks me right out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know how you feel. I've had flu for over a week now. Get well soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Alma, nice of you visiting my blog,too. So you know some of our Portuguese? Nice! Hope you get better soon, at home we have an acerola tree, it is a powerful fruit to prevent colds, just today I froze lots of them to save for our winter. Well, so now on I will learn a little more about running in the USA and i hope you enjoy our way down here.
    Get better soon, Marluce

    ReplyDelete