Sunday, January 30, 2011

Running off for a cause

Anyone out there follow Giraffy @ 365 Days of Awesome? I do. I've enjoyed reading about her running adventures but at the beginning of the year, completely out of the blue, everything changed. With each post, my heart goes out to her and her family. Her story starts HERE and continues to unfold daily. 

At the new year, Giraffy's youngest child was diagnosed with Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia. This is a treatable condition, which is good, but that doesn't mean it's an easy road for the baby girl or the family. 

As I'm sure everyone knows, these sudden and serious illnesses are devastating for a family. Giraffy is one tough cookie (just check her blog and see) but everyone, even Giraffy, can use some help at times like these. 

Lovely Teamarcia of Running Off at the Mouth set up a "donate" button on her blog. She explains it all HERE. Visit this link and donate what/if you can. Our running sister needs some help.


5 comments:

  1. Aww thanks so much for mentioning this Alma! The response so far has been amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Runners are so wonderful people and your post is a proof for that. I will check out the website. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing. Heading over to look!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are awesome for posting this. What a terrible thing to have to deal with.

    The scab on my elbow is starting to flake off in the "lesser" places, which is good. It still hurts a non-wound hurt sometimes (like I hit my funny bone, sort of), which concerns me. I was able to do planks on Saturday with only a minimal amount of pain. I'm going to keep my mind on it (and bring up the weird pain with my trainer), because oh man, I cannot imagine taking the elbow out of commission long term. I'm having enough trouble functioning. I don't know how you do it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very great inspiration and motivation for others, will head & do my bit for it.

    ReplyDelete