Tuesday, January 18, 2011

RNR Mardis Gras / New Orleans?

Is anyone out there running the Mardis Gras / New Orleans Rock & Roll Half Marathon/Marathon? There is a chance that I'll get to take a spontaneous trip to MSY in February and it just happens to fall on the RNR weekend! What luck!!

I have only an 8-mile long run scheduled for that weekend but I wouldn't be able to pass up the chance to run a race so...I think I would run 8 miles then walk/jog the rest so I don't overdo it and mess up my training.

Just wondering who else may be running this race that I could meet up with?

7 comments:

  1. yes! my favorite, favorite race so far. I love new orleans (grew up in alabama not far from there) and did this race last year. there is a big group heading down from atlanta doing it. and another blogger stephanie (running to health) is doing it too i believe. the medal this year is pretty cool too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, I'm nowhere near New Orleans, but have to say I'm so impressed that you found out you might get to go to there and immediately you have found out there is a race that weekend. Die hard!! (in a good way) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man. I want to go! Can you bring a friend? My sister lives there but I don't think she's been running far enough and she's never done a race. Maybe she'll do the 5K, assuming there is one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So fun!!! Sounds like it would be a blast! Hopefully its not as crowded as the other RNR's... :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really want to do this race, but I just don't think I can take another weekend away from home. Wish I could!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How FUN would that be??? I'd do it if I had the time/money. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like fun! I'm sure it wouldn't mess up your schedule. It would be a nice bonus!

    ReplyDelete