Monday, January 10, 2011

I can't believe I'm really doing this

The culmination of my Master Plan 2011 and climax of my 2011 kick ass year is to run the Portland Marathon. I'm terrified. I've been afraid that if I write it, say it, think it too often...I'll jinx myself. I'll get injured or something else will happen that will prevent me from running it.

Well, today I had to bite the bullet because I heard that the race was filling up. So for the first time in my life, I registered for a marathon. Now I'm $135 in so there's no backing out, right? My email confirmation just came:

****************************
Registration Confirmation for:

Dear Average Woman Runner,
Congratulations! You are now registered for Portland Marathon 2011. Please check the event's official website for updates: http://www.portlandmarathon.org/
We invite you to take advantage of these additional special offers from The Portland Marathon!
****************************
When I got registered, I had the option of personalizing my race bib. I've never had that option before. The obvious thing was to enter "ALMA" but really, I wanted to enter something more fun...but what? P-COSA? Why don't I have a cool handle like TallMom or HotLegs? Darn. I guess that's why I'm just 
the average woman runner.
So the good news is that my friend who I'm running the Indy Mini Marathon with is going to register for Portland too! And this friend who lives in Indianapolis is moving to SEATTLE in June so we may even get to train together a bit. Double bonus!
It will be so great having someone to do the long runs with. Man, just planning the long run routes is a lot of work.
And in other good news...
I won a Holiday Booty Buster Challenge prize! Amanda from Run to the Finish selected me for the Resolution Run award. I'm getting some of her favorite nut butter. Mmmmm!

8 comments:

  1. Yay for registering!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice job registering!! It's so nice to have a personalized bib. I'm usually way too late to get one but the one time I did it was nice to hear people cheering my name. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That will be so nice to have someone to train with! Good luck and congrats on winning! I like the idea of a personalized bib. I haven't had that opportunity.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats! :) I'm starting to get anxious for training - it's almost time to get back into the swing of things! I think 2011 will be WAY better than 2010 (please don't rain this year, please don't rain this year, please don't rain this year)! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats!!! I LOVE Portland. Even after the rain in 2010 and the rain in 2008. I ran it for the first time in 2006 and the weather was perfect. It was the most amazing experience. I'm so excited for you. I'm still deciding on if I'll register this year. I want to so bad. Good luck!!!! You'll be amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Woohoo! You are going to rock it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE Portland...and have been thinking about registering for the half marathon.

    Congrats on the win!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love reading your blog, although I may not always comment! I nominated you for the Stylish Blogger Award. Please read my post tomorrow for the instructions :o) theresheruns.blogspot.com

    WooHoo for Portland! I want to come cheer!

    ReplyDelete