Sunday, January 2, 2011

2011 Race List (I have butterflies!)

2011 is my come-back year, the year of KICK ASS

Not very sweet I know, but seriously, I need to kick some ass (my own, of course) this year after having two bum years in a row.

This list gives me butterflies just thinking about it! During my half and full marathon training programs, any races I do should be at the prescribed training pace for speed work rather than an all-out race effort. This takes some of the fun out of racing but will still be a nice way to get out and have some fun. Plus, I'll have most of May & June that are between training programs to be a racing slut.

I haven't compared full marathon training program weekly workouts to the races/dates yet, so I'm not 100% sure which races fit with prescribed workouts during July - September. This will change a bit depending on other commitments and training, especially after May, but my tentative line-up for 2011 is listed below.


Jan - Open

Feb - Open (Begin half marathon program on Feb 7)

Mar - Mercer Island 10k or Magnuson Race Series 15k (run at training pace, use results to refine training paces)

Apr - Magnuson Race Series 15k (run at training pace), Whidby Island Half Marathon (as part of a planned 15-miler)

May - Indianapolis OneAmerica 500 Festival Mini Marathon (target event!), Seattle's Best 15k (awesome course around Lake Union!). Wait - this just in: Nordstrom Beat the Bridge 8k

Jun - Lake Padden Triathlon, maybe North Olympic Discovery Half Marathon or Magnuson Race Series 5k/ 10k/ 15k (If I do Whidby, Indy, and NODM, I could be a 1 moon Half Fanatic for 3 halfs in <90 days?)

Jul - Swedish SummeRun 5k/ 10k and Magnuson Race Series 5k/ 10k/ 15k (training runs), maybe a random race in Illinois while we're out for a wedding (a new state!)

AugBeaver Lake Triathlon

Sep - Fairhaven Runners Waterfront 15k, Fremont Oktoberfest Brew-HA-HA (training runs, though I'd like to renew my 5k PR on the Brew-HA-HA course)

Oct - Portland Marathon (first ever marathon!)

Nov - Thanksgiving run TBD

Dec - Christmas run TBD, possible race in S. Carolina if I attend a work conference
    Anyone out there have any of the same races on their list? 

    9 comments:

    1. I've heard the Indy race is fun and you get to run around the racetrack. Cool!

      ReplyDelete
    2. My plan is to do the mercer island half. I hear it's hilly!

      ReplyDelete
    3. Looks like a great year! The Indy 500 half is a fun one!

      ReplyDelete
    4. There are a few races on your list I am going to do too! I hope we can meet up! You have quite a year ahead of you! You're gonna rock it. :)

      ReplyDelete
    5. I'll be running the Portland Marathon (my second) with you! :) Good luck with this list - you can do it!!!

      ReplyDelete
    6. I'm just laughing at the name "Beaver Lake."

      ReplyDelete
    7. I ADORE RACE SCHEDULES!!! I think you are going to have a great year! Good luck to you!

      ReplyDelete
    8. Totally looks like a kick-ass year!

      ReplyDelete
    9. Love it! I am thinking about doing Portland too. Were you thinking about Kiawah in December? Thats another one on my list...

      ReplyDelete