Sunday, January 9, 2011

100% compliance

Week's Goal:

Bike commute 3 of 4 days: DONE
Run 4 mi, 4 mi, 5 mi, easy: DONE
Complete two Jillian/core workouts: DONE
MISSION 100% ACCOMPLISHED! 

Not a bad way to start the year.

My butt cheeks and shoulders are already dying from Level 2 of Jillian's 30-Day Shred video this morning. Hoping tomorrow's bike commute helps to loosen everything up.

So right now we have a couple guys from Michigan visiting. They are both contractors who are out to re-roof and frame our friends' unfinished attic. While they're here, we're hoping they have time to replace our basement windows and install a couple new exterior doors. On their next visit, we want to frame in our basement, insulate, etc. and get ready to finish. Eventually, when our basement gets done, a treadmill will be in my future!!!!!!!

Of course, that's some months and a tax return away.

Anyway, so while these guys are out, there is no way I'm doing exercise videos in my living room at 6 AM. I need to find a substitute for my core workouts for the next two weeks...likely I will be slacking a bit.

On a food note, we got SUNCHOKES delivered in our produce box this week. They taste pretty good but strange in that they have the consistency of a potato but flavor of an artichoke heart. Anyone have any good ways for fixing these things up? Last time, I just sliced & baked with (mmmmm) butter. Tonight, I sliced them up with some red potatoes and am making into a gratin. Cooking suggestions welcome!

Photo from: http://www.blogger.com/post-create.g?blogID=1692416361010455665

7 comments:

  1. I have never heard of sunchokes - they look like ginger!

    I can't wait for tax return time - what will i buy?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought it was ginger, too!

    Dude. I was thinking of starting Level 2 tomorrow, but now I am scared. Sore today from two days of Level 1 in a row.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Many thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never heard of a sunchoke, but I think I might have to go looking... they sound delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I tagged you in my latest post with a "Stylish Blogger Award." You don't have to play, but part of the rules is me letting you know that I've enjoyed finding and reading you're blog, and I think you're awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  6. *your

    Wow. Sorry for my poor grammar skillz.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I dont know what to say. This web site is amazing. Thats not truly a actually substantial statement, but its all I could come up with soon after reading this. You know a great deal about this subject. Much making sure that you produced me wish to understand additional about it. Your web site is my stepping stone, my buddy. Many thanks for that heads up on this theme.

    ReplyDelete