Monday, December 20, 2010

Tagged!

Thank you, KIM (Just) Trying is for Little Girls for tagging me with a "getting to know you" request. Here we go...

1.  What is your favorite time of day to run? Why?
I'm similar to KIM in that I also like to run in the morning. I usually don't do too well if I run later because I like to have an empty stomach. Great way to start the day.

2. If you could have any job in the world what would it be?
This is really tough. I actually really like my job...but ANY job? I have had lots of fantasies about other careers - nutritionist, nurse, mortician (yes!), yarn/book shop owner, industrial hygienist...the list goes on. BUT, I think at this moment, my dream job would be to give someone else's money away. Like maybe Gates' money? Anyone as long as they have a lot to give. I think I would be really good at this, finding worthy beneficiaries. 

3. Do you have a guilty food pleasure?  (i.e what is your favorite empty calorie food)
Does beer/wine count as food? Manny's Pale Ale, Hair of the Dog Adam, 3-Legged Dog red table wine, anything from Tamarak Cellars...the list goes on. Even though Mr. F says his beer has a pork chop in every glass, I really think this junk food choice qualifies as the emptiest of calories. Unfortunately, it's not a daily indulgence but...I do what I can.

4. How and/or why did you start running?
Like Kim, I ran cross-country and track in high school. I started as a sprinter & jumper then moved into distance. I kept running through college and have run off & on over the years, enjoying my recreational runner status. Running has been a constant throughout my life, keeping me steady where ever I've been and regardless of whatever was happening.  

5. Do you have any special Christmas time traditions?
Other than getting together with family every Christmas and the ladies on my dad's side doing an annual Christmas party, we don't have any big traditions. Now that Mr. F and I have the little guy, I'm looking forward to making our own traditions. For Thanksgiving though, my parents & I have a tradition of listening to Arlo Guthrie's Alice's Restaurant. EVERY Thanksgiving, all 28 minutes. 

6. What race/event are you most looking forward to in 2011?
Right now, I'm really looking forward to my first half marathon post-pregnancy: Indianapolis Mini Marathon in May 2011 (in a traveling sparkle skirt no less!). I get to run on the NASCAR track, baby!

Thanks, Kim for the tag. I would like to pass the same questions on to:


Running Mum
Will Run for Food
It Just Looks Like Slow Motion

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for being "it" and playing! So excited for you to wear the magical sparkle skirt in Indy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love "Alice's Restaurant."

    I had a radio show in college that I named Alice's Restaurant, and I started out the year playing the song at the start of every show, but all three of my listeners complained. Boo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So jealous about Indy I can't even hardly type this comme...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great list! Love the Indy mini!

    ReplyDelete