Thursday, December 9, 2010

Minding my P's & Q's (not)

RACING DAWN tagged me with a bunch of Q's that I've been wondering how to answer. I find it difficult to be succinct. Surprised?  I will try to be brief...


Oh wait - but first - check out this cute, pointy-tasseled, variegated, wool-blend ear-flap hat I finished last night for our babysitter's daughter. 

I also did a chunky variegated deep purple scarf for nanny. Almost matchy-matchy.
Ok, here we go:

1.  What's your favorite race and why? What's your dream race?
It's hard to pick a favorite race because there are different things I like about various races, but overall I would say I like relays the best because they're all about having fun with friends, forgetting about the watch, and having a big party after. My most favorite relay of course, is the famous mother of all relays, HOOD TO COAST, 12-person, 197-mile race from Mt. Hood, OR to Seaside, OR. It's insane running around the clock along with 15,000 other runners, and having a great finale on the beach.

My dream race is a three-way tie between wanting to run the (1) NYC marathon with my best friend, Dre, who I could never keep up with anyway; (2) Dublin Marathon for the Irish flavor (i.e., Guinness & Jameson); and (3) Reykjavik Marathon for the hot springs and scenery. Funny since I haven't run a single marathon yet.

2.  What's your favorite running tip?
Obvious for some but I'm slow...carry fluids & fuel for runs longer than an hour (amazing how much longer you can go with hydration & sugar!). 

3.  Which reality show is your guilty pleasure?
Biggest Loser. I cry almost every episode. I hope everyone voted for Ada this week? I can't believe she's at risk of not making it to the finale! Five more days until we find out the results!

4.  What is your power song, the song that takes your running to another level?
I have no explanation for this... Enter Sandman, Metallica. Also "my" karaoke song. In general though, bands that give me a good cadence for kicking it up a notch are the White Stripes, M.I.A., Outkast, The Roots, and Franz Ferdinand.


5.  What is your secret to balance in your life? 
I'm still trying to figure this one out. I've made good progress this year but it's a constant battle trying to find time for family, friends, work, and running. I really need to work on making more time for sleep.


6.  What are you most looking forward to in the new year?

Running & camping! It's been since 2008 (pregnancy year) that I've run a half marathon or gone camping so I can't wait to run another half, tackle my first marathon, and go camping. I'm also looking forward to our first international trip since Baby F was born. Not sure where yet - visiting friends/family in the EU or maybe...Japan? Depends on where the frequent flyer points will take us.

Thanks, Dawn, for tagging me & thanks for sharing. Now, I'd like some Q's answered by some of you who don't always mind your P's & Q's:

Jamoosh - Last Mile Lounge, Chelsea - Will Run for Food, TeamMarcia - Running Off at the Mouth:

1. What are you most proud of accomplishing in 2010?
2. What are your running goals for 2011?
3. What is your favorite race?
4. What is your favorite holiday guilty pleasure?
5. What was your most embarrassing running moment?

6 comments:

  1. We've got some dream races in common! Love your list!
    Thanks for the tag.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for playing!!! Loved your answers! Fun to get to know you better!

    I would loooove to do Hood to Coast sometime. And and International marathon.

    I watch BL too. I didn't vote but I hope Ada makes it through too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. METALLICA?! You must've been talking to LB...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these things. I have to see if there is anyone out there who can answer number 5 (that they have balance in there lives)!

    I love Outkast!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Of course I voted for Ada. Duh! I love BL.
    These posts are so fun, I enjoy learning crazy stuff about everyone - thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete