Thursday, December 16, 2010

Hello Team Sparkle!

I received the following email from Team Sparkle. 

I'M SO EXCITED! 

But now I really need help. I had been thinking of running all Danika Patrick-style or other Nascar-themed outfit. Anyone have ideas for a running get-up for this Nascar-esque road race that also incorporates a turquoise sparkle skirt? 

***********************************************************************************************************
From: @team-sparkle.com
Subject: Traveling Sparkle Skirt
Date: December 13, 2010 8:20:46 AM PST
To: @gmail.com

Alma-

Welcome to Team Sparkle! We have added you to the calendar for 5/7/11 for the medium Turquoise Traveling Sparkle Skirt. We will contact you as your race gets closer to give you more information. 

~The Girls of Team Sparkle

-- 
web: http://www.team-sparkle.com  
etsy: http://www.sparkleskirts.etsy.com
twitter: http://www.twitter.com/runTeamSparkle
flickr: http://www.flickr.com/TeamSparkle
facebook: http://www.facebook.com/TeamSparkle

On Sat, Dec 11, 2010 at 3:26 PM, <@gmail.com> wrote:

Race: OneAmerica 500 Festival Mini Marathon (13.1 miles)

Date: May 7, 2011

Will you be traveling for this race?: Yes, will fly out on 5/5/2011

Size: M (? I wear a size 6)

Color - turquoise or hot pink: Either

I'm rebounding from pregnancy and have been getting back into shape. The Indy Mini Marathon will be my first post-pregnancy half marathon and I can't wait! I'll be flying out to stay with friends in Indy to run the LARGEST half marathon in the U.S. My previous PR is a 1:47 but if my training continues to go well, I'm hoping for a 1:45 PR.
I have lots of events planned for my big come-back year of 2011 (including my first-ever marathon, a snow-shoe race, and several shorter races), so if this date doesn't work out, I would be happy to try for a different date.

--
This mail is sent via contact form on Traveling Sparkle Skirts http://www.team-sparkle.com/travelingsparkleskirts

6 comments:

  1. I wish I had some brilliant idea for you, but I'm not very good at coming up with creative costume ideas. The only thing that comes to mind is a cyclist-style shirt that is black and white checkered like the flag?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those skirts are great!! The checkered flag was my first thought too... checkered socks or shirt? The only other thing that comes to mind for Nascar is old school ball hats and jackets with a billion sponsor logos. For me, my kids favorite movie for a long time was Cars, so I'd probably go with some sort of Lightening McLean shirt. :) That just sort or works with my name though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so excited for you to wear the traveling skirt! I just shipped the red one off to California after wearing it for the Holiday Half in Portland. What fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the skirts, and love even more the matching socks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will also be running in Indy with my sister and her friends. We have decided to run in the sparkle skirts! Great idea! Thanks for the info!

    ReplyDelete