Tuesday, November 23, 2010

NASCAR, here I come to run!

Indianapolis Mini (Half) Marathon Start
What do Nascar and running have in common? ME...and about 34,999 other runners! I am bib #24489.

On May 7, 2011, I'll be running the LARGEST half marathon and 7th largest running event in the U.S. - the OneAmerica 500 Festival Mini Marathon.

I'll be staying and visiting with friends who are veterans of this awesome race that finishes on the track of the Indy 500 speedway. I've never ran in a race this large so I'm really looking forward to the experience. Hopefully I can get my act together by then? Need to kick this gimpy-ness!
 
Meanwhile, lovin' La Jolla!

Sunning seals

Tide pools with sea slug, crabs

5 comments:

  1. WHAT?! You are missing Winter Blast/End of the World here? We came home from FL to this. Argh.

    That race sounds cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you, looks like a fun event! 40 000 other runners that totally dwarfs the measly 10 - 15 000 that have been at all the other races I've done, and they seem huge. It will be an experience for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that is A LOT of people! I bet it'll be a lot of fun though - something to look forward to!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks awesome! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That race looks INSANE!!!! (But awesome!!) I have that on my radar but I'm unsure if I can squeeze that in to my schedule in 2011. I ABSOLUTELY LOVE LA JOLLA.

    ReplyDelete