Friday, November 19, 2010

Blast my booty

Me come from Seeattle, you know I got no worries, and if you mess with me, I'm a' daaash my curry!

 No, not really going to dash my curry but I AM going to BLAST MY BOOTY and rake in a bunch of points. 


Are you in? 
 I'm in. This is just what I need to get me through the new year and started on my upcoming Master Plan.
Amanda, at Run to the Finish is hosting the 
HOLIDAY BOOTY BUSTER CHALLENGE.

Here's the deal-yo:

HBBC Rules
1 Point per mile (run/walk/snowshoe)
1 Point per 3 miles biked
1 Point per 20 minutes of weight lifting, Pilates, yoga, stretching or abs
1 Point per 15 minutes of another form of cardio (i.e. kick boxing, aerobics elliptical)
1 Per day where you reach a minimum of 7 servings of fruits and veggies
Challenge will run from Nov 20 to Jan 7…this helps to cover you for the major holidays!

Additional points: Because I am all about taking care of your entire mind, body, soul connection there will be additional posts/questions where you can earn points throughout the challenge.

STANDARD FAQS
Examples of counting points: 1 hour cross training class of weights and cardio: 2 points weights and 2 points cardio.
1 hour cross country skiing: 4
Why is it weighted towards running? The majority of readers are runners looking for added holiday motivation…and it’s my blog. :)
I don’t have a blog can I participate: Yes, but as noted in tracking points there must be some method for us to see what you’re doing. Daily Mile, Facebook, etc.

TRACKING POINTS
Keep track of your points through whatever means you'd like...just be honest. I will provide a Google Doc for everyone to enter their points and see how others are doing. The upside is it can inspire you and the downside is some folks get tempted to cheat.  Based on an issue we had in year one, I will probably need to ask for proof of some sort if the winner blows us all out of the water.

2 comments:

  1. Hummm, maybe I need to participate in this. I like the point system and I need the motivation, especially now that it is FREEZING here in WA...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the link Alma... this looks like a fun challenge & I think I might do it even though I'm not sure the swimming will really rack up the points.

    ReplyDelete